Do you want to eat better but chicken breasts sound bland and boring? Think again! These 12 Easy Chicken Breast Recipes are crazy good, bursting with bold flavors, super easy to fix, and you won’t feel guilty after eating them.
Whether you are looking for an easy lunch, a sheet pan dinner, a one pot meal, or a healthy soup, these 12 Easy Chicken Breast Recipes will fit the bill.
Chicken Breasts are so versatile, and usually the most popular of our chicken recipes, because they can be seasoned in thousands of different ways to take on all those unique, and wonderful flavors. You are the artist and the chicken is your canvas. Be creative and create those wonderful flavor combinations.
Chicken breasts are a lean protein that fits into almost every healthy eating style such as Keto, Paleo, Gluten Free, Whole30 and more. Unless you’re vegetarian or vegan, you can most likely fit chicken breasts into your healthy lifestyle.
In addition, whether you are looking to bake, slow cook, pressure cook, or sauté, the versatile chicken breast shines like a champ.
I have organized the chicken breast recipes into the following categories. Scroll down below to see the recipes.
- Sheet Pan Chicken Breast Recipes
- Stove Top Chicken Breast Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breast Recipes
- Oven Baked Chicken Breast Recipes
However, first I want to answer a few frequently asked questions that are common for chicken recipes no matter the cooking method.
What’s The Best Way To Cook Chicken?
In terms of preparing chicken as part of a healthier eating lifestyle, avoid frying chicken, and instead try baking, stir frying, or pressure cooking chicken.
How Do You Know When Chicken Is Cooked?
No matter how chicken is cooked, I often receive the question “How Do I Know When Chicken Is Done?” There are a couple of ways.
- Instant Read Thermometer – Using an Instant Read Thermometer is the best way to ensure that chicken is fully cooked. It needs to reach a temperature of 165 degrees to be considered safe to eat.
- If you don’t have an Instant Read thermometer, then you can cut the chicken and check to make sure that it is no longer pink inside or out. When it cooks, chicken changes color from pink to white, or takes on the color of seasonings added to it. However, when the chicken is fully cooked, there should be no pink in the chicken and the juices should run clear.
What To Serve With Chicken?
The short answer is EVERYTHING! What doesn’t go with chicken? While some recipes make make an entire meal, you may want to add a salad or side dish to serve with the chicken. Here are some of my favorite sides to serve with chicken.
- Vegetable Side Dishes
- Rice Side Dishes
Can You Freeze Chicken?
The good news, as many of you know, is that yes you can freeze cooked chicken for up to 4 months, according to the USDA. It will need to be placed in a freezer-safe, air-tight container or freezer bag. Some other ingredients that you may serve with the chicken may not freeze as well, such as lettuce or cabbage.
Helpful Tools For Preparing Chicken
- Slow Cooker
- Instant Pot
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Instant thermometer
- Chef’s Knife
Sheet Pan Chicken Breast Recipes
Stove Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Tinga
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker Chicken Breast Recipes
Oven Baked Chicken Breast Recipes
- Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- Baked Chicken Creole
- Rotisserie Chicken Breast Tenders
- Italiano Chicken
- Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Casserole