This Honey Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken allows you to bake an entire chicken dinner on a sheet pan. Easy! Add a delicious Honey Balsamic sauce and you have a winner chicken dinner!
I love when I can serve this Honey Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken with really minimal effort. This is certainly one of our go-to weeknight dinners along with Oven Baked Chicken, Honey Balsamic Mustard Chicken, and Rotisserie Chicken Breast Tenders.
I like cooking dinners on a sheet pan because it means I have only one pan to clean up after dinner. Who wants to spend all evening washing dishes? I certainly don’t. My hubby, the designated dishwasher, likes to have only one pan to clean also. So it gives him one more reason to love this chicken dish too. We have an agreement that I cook and he cleans. It works out pretty well most of the time.
I buy the thinly sliced chicken breasts from the grocery store but you could use the thick chicken breasts and just slice them lengthwise. The chicken cooks faster if it is not so thick. That means I can get dinner on the table sooner!
I bake potatoes with this Honey Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken. However, I don’t use russets in this dish. I use baby red potatoes, and either half them or quarter them, depending on their size. I want to keep the potato pieces small so they cook faster.
You can add whatever vegetables to the pan as well. I sliced up bell peppers. However, many vegetables would work. You could use onions, carrots, broccoli, asparagus, fresh green beans, or whichever vegetables make you happy!
I’ve made this before by marinating it in the Honey Balsamic sauce or by just pouring the sauce over the chicken at the end of the cooking. Either way, it is delicious. So if you forget to marinade the chicken in advance, don’t worry. It will still be good.
If you don’t marinade, I recommend using a little more cooking spray, not only on the pan but on the chicken, vegetables, and potatoes as well. You may want to check the chicken halfway through and see if it needs more cooking spray.
If you marinade the chicken in the Honey Balsamic sauce, then I would not interrupt the cooking. It will have enough moisture from the marinade.
In addition to the Honey Balsamic marinade, I like to season the chicken and potatoes with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder, and a little sprinkle of paprika and cayenne (optional.) It adds another layer of flavor to make this chicken and vegetables taste amazing!
Just put the sheet pan with the Honey Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken and potatoes in the oven and just wait about 30 minutes! Easy Peasy!
If you want an easy, delicious healthy chicken dinner that fits in to many diet plans, such as gluten free or Paleo, then this is your dish. If you swap out the potatoes with sweet potatoes and use a good quality balsamic vinegar and leave out the honey, then it would fit into a whole30 meal plan.
What are you waiting for? Run to the store and pick up the ingredients for this awesome Honey Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken! Then leave me a comment and let me know how you liked it! I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne optional
- 1/4 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cover a sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray or place parchment paper on the sheet pan.
- Place the chicken breasts on the sheet pan along with any small diced potatoes or chopped vegetables to cook with it.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, and cayenne (optional.)
- Spray the chicken and vegetables with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, in a small bowl stir together the balsamic vinegar, oil, and honey.
- Remove the sheet pan chicken from the oven and drizzle the honey balsamic over the top.
- Return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.