These Crockpot Chicken Tacos need only 5-ingredients and a crockpot, or slow cooker, to make incredibly moist and tender Mexican style chicken tacos for taco night or any night.
Do you have taco night once a week? These Crockpot Chicken Tacos are a lifesaver because they are so easy to make yet so delicious. They are one of my favorite Mexican recipes and when served with Mexican Rice or Mexican Cabbage Slaw, you can enjoy a complete Mexican Food dinner. Don’t forget the Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars for dessert.
Living in Texas, my family expects tacos at least once a week. In Texas, it seems that tacos once a week is a requirement to live in the state.
In my first job out of college, we had weekly meetings every Monday morning, and they must include breakfast tacos. One new employee moved down to Texas from Canada and thought we were pulling her leg when we said we were having tacos for breakfast. She quickly found out that we were very serious, and she grew to love breakfast tacos and tacos of all kinds.
It seems to be universal here. Everyone loves tacos! Everything tastes better in a corn or flour tortilla.
Fall always seems like the busiest time of year for us. Work picks up to a frantic pace, everyone I know is busy with work, school activities, and a lot gets done during this time of year. Of course, that means there is less time for other routine things, like cooking dinner.
That is why the crockpot, or slow cooker, is such a lifesaver this time of year. You can throw all the ingredients in the crockpot before you leave for work and then come home and have dinner ready. It is one less thing to worry about, one less thing to stress over.
These Crockpot Chicken Tacos are really so easy, they hardly need a recipe.
Just add the chicken breasts into a crockpot or slow cooker.
Sprinkle taco seasoning over the top.
Dump the pico de gallo (juices and all) or canned tomatoes and chiles (undrained) into the crockpot on top of the chicken.
Allow the chicken to cook on low in the crockpot about 6 – 8 hours.
When you come back home or finish whatever you were doing, come back and shred the chicken and let it cook for another 30 minutes.
Then place the chicken in corn or flour tortillas and top with pico de gallo or your favorite toppings for some awesome Crockpot Chicken Tacos.
Be sure to make these Crockpot Chicken Tacos on taco night or any night where you have a full day and need something easy to throw together for dinner.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning or 3 Tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups pico de gallo or 1 can diced tomatoes and chiles
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Favorite Toppings: Cheese lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, sour cream, salsa, sliced avocados, or guacamole
- Place the boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the top.
- Dump the pico de gallo or canned tomatoes and chiles over the top (liquid and all)
- Allow the chicken to cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Using two forks, pull apart the chicken breasts, to shred the chicken. Leave in the crockpot for about 30 minutes.
- Place the shredded chicken in the tortillas.
- Top with your favorite toppings, such as cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, sour cream, avocados, etc.
You may also like these recipes.