I created this post as part of a sponsored series with Socialstars and SPLENDA® Brand; all opinions are my own. #SweetSwaps #SplendaSweeties
Lime Chicken Tacos make an easy, flavorful and wholesome dinner that your family will love. After marinating overnight, you can have a delicious dinner on the table in 15 minutes.
Every year I do it. Every year I make the New Year’s resolution to eat healthier and lose weight. Then I stick to it for 2 weeks and fall off the wagon. Does this sound familiar? This year I’m pushing forward and modifying some of my favorite dishes to reduce the amount of sugar in each. You would be surprised how many hidden sugars are in food and in some innocent looking recipes. This year I am swapping out the sugar for SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated.
We love chicken tacos, especially these Lime Chicken Tacos. However, even the marinade for the chicken has sugar normally. So I have taken the step to swap out that sugar for SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated. If I swap out the sugar in all recipes and not just baked goods, it will help us reach our goal of reducing the sugar from our diet. I like SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener because it provides the sweet taste of sugar with less added sugar. For more recipes and tips visit SWEET SWAPS™ website, and follow SPLENDA® on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
Now let’s talk Chicken. Actually let’s talk about these amazing tasting Lime Chicken Tacos. The marinade adds incredible flavor. The SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated offsets the tangy lime juice and vinegar, and the garlic, cumin, and cayenne (optional) add great flavor. It requires a little planning because it tastes best when marinated overnight. Serve it with corn tortillas, lettuce, cheese, pico de Gallo, guacamole, and Mexican Cauliflower Rice.
What will you serve with your Lime Chicken Tacos?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Lime Chicken Tacos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 2 teaspoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener Granulated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1-1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs - cubed
- 10 6 inch corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican Blend CHeese
- In a small bowl combine the first 9 ingredients to create the marinade. Place chicken in a plastic zip-top bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Close the bag and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat cook the chicken for about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and all juices run clear.
- Wrap the corn tortillas in a moist paper towel and place on a microwave safe plate. Microwave for about 1 minute to heat.
- To serve, place the corn tortillas on a plate and fill each with chicken. Top each taco with your favorite toppings such as pico de gallo (tomatoes, onions, jalapenos), shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, and chopped avocado or cilantro.