This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
This quick and Easy Enchilada Skillet Dinner is great for an easy delicious weeknight meal that is sure to become a family favorite.
During the fall with its cooler weather, life is hectic with long work hours, and lots of family activities. After a long busy day, nothing is better than getting the family around the dinner table to enjoy this delicious, hot, cheesy Easy Chicken Enchilada Skillet Dinner.
What makes it even better is that you can prepare it in one skillet in less than 30 minutes. So it saves time in cooking dinner, as well as saving time cleaning up after dinner!
What really gives this Chicken Enchilada Skillet Dinner a spicy kick is RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies. Combine that with the chicken, taco seasoning, enchilada sauce, and cheese and you have an awesome meal.
I like to add some fresh vegetables such as onions and red and green bell peppers.
This Easy Chicken Enchilada Skillet Dinner comes together in 25 minutes in only 4 easy steps. First sautee the chicken in olive oil in a cast iron skillet.
Add the fresh vegetables, such as chopped onions and red and green bell peppers.
Pour in the enchilada sauce and the RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies.
Then let it simmer until heated through.
Lastly, top with shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips, and your choice of toppings such as chopped cilantro, sour cream, or green onions.
Voila, you have a hot cheesy weeknight dinner on the table in 25 minutes.
Be sure to check out RO*TEL’s web site for more delicious easy dinner ideas. I’d love to hear about your favorite quick and easy dinner recipe!
Easy Chicken Enchilada Skillet Dinner
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 2-1/2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or 1 package prepared taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 10-ounce can RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, drained
- 2 cups Mexican Blend cheese shredded (Cheddar / Monterrey Jack)
- 2 cups tortilla chips crushed
- Garnish with sour cream chopped avocado, cilantro, shredded lettuce, or green onions (optional)
- Sprinkle cubed chicken with taco seasoning.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat add oil.
- Add cubed chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until it is no longer pink.
- Add chopped onion, green, and red bell peppers and cook for about 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Pour in the enchilada sauce and RO*TEL and stir until chicken is coated. Cook on low until it is heated through.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the top. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips.
- Garnish with with sour cream, chopped avocado, cilantro, shredded lettuce, or green onions, if desired.
To save even more time, you can buy everything you need to make this Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole at Walmart.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on: