Easy Huevos Rancheros. Huevos means eggs. Rancheros means Ranchers. So Huevos Rancheros translates to “Rancher’s Eggs.” Now you know a couple of Spanish words.
I have lived in Texas all my life. So I love filling, spicy Mexican food, including for breakfast. It is a bonus when it is easy to prepare.
With this blog post I promise a breakfast that is:
- Quick and easy
- Healthy (because it is naturally gluten free)
- Spicy and Flavorful
These Easy Huevos Rancheros make a great for a relaxing weekend breakfast, but it is so quick and easy that you could have it on a weekday breakfast as well. Go ahead and have a delicious breakfast. There is now no excuse not to. Enjoy!
Easy Huevos Rancheros
- Place the corn tortillas between two paper towels on a plate. Microwave on high for about 45 seconds to warm the tortillas.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil, and then add the 4 eggs. Fry the eggs for about 3 to 5 minutes depending on how runny or firm you like your eggs. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium saucepan over medium low heat, empty a drained can of black beans. Cook for about 5 minutes until beans are heated through.
- On each plate, place 1 corn tortilla, top with black beans, 1 egg, salsa, and cheese. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
This post may be included in one of these fantastic link parties.
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.
Want more Mexican Breakfast recipes? Try these from some of my favorite bloggers: