This Breakfast Taco ain’t no Taco Bell Breakfast. It’s way better! These Breakfast Tacos with Potatoes, Eggs, and Cheese are the real deal, like the ones you find in Austin, Texas!
These Breakfast Tacos with Potatoes, Eggs, and Cheese are made with freshly scrambled eggs, my Breakfast Potatoes, Mexican Style Shredded Cheese, and of course, flour tortillas.
I like to top mine with my favorite Salsa Roja (red salsa) and chopped cilantro, basil, green onions, or chives. These breakfast tacos would also be delicious topped with fresh Pico De Gallo.
Having lived in Texas all my life, breakfast tacos are part of our Texas cuisine. However, I realize that others who live in other parts of the country or other parts of the world may not be familiar with them. So I wanted to share these because they are so good!
However, what makes these breakfast tacos unique are the homemade flour tortillas that you find everywhere in Texas. You don’t get those in restaurants in other states, and there is a vast difference in the quality between homemade and store-bought tortillas.
So, unless you live in Texas or Mexico and can easily find fresh homemade tortillas, I recommend that you impress your friends and make your own flour tortillas for these breakfast tacos. Trust me; you will taste the difference.
If you like a little more heat, just chop up a jalapeno or two to add to the breakfast tacos.
Since the Breakfast Potatoes are already seasoned with taco seasoning along with sauteed onions, red and green bell peppers, or jalapenos, these add a ton of flavor to the breakfast tacos.
The beautiful thing about these Breakfast Tacos with Potatoes, Eggs, and Cheese, is that you can share them with your vegetarian friends since there is no meat.
However, these tacos are so delicious and filling that you won’t miss the meat.
If you wanted to make these breakfast gluten-free free, use gluten-free corn tortillas instead of the flour tortillas.
If you want to make these vegan breakfast tacos, then use vegan eggs instead of real eggs and vegan cheese instead of real cheese.
Of course, for my carnivore friends out there, if you like, add some breakfast sausage, chorizo, or bacon to these breakfast tacos, and it would be fantastic!
If you want to see more variations of breakfast tacos, be sure to sign up to receive my recipes in your inbox! You will be so glad you did!
What will you put on your Breakfast Tacos with Potatoes, Eggs, and Cheese? Leave a comment to let me know.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
- 1-1/2 cups prepared Breakfast Potatoes
- Cooking Spray
- 6 eggs
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
- Prepare the Breakfast Potatoes per directions on the recipe.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the eggs to the skillet and cook until they are cooked through.
- Heat the flour tortillas in a microwave for about 30-second intervals until they are soft and warm.
- Add the scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes by the tablespoon until you fill each flour tortilla. Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top. Microwave for 30 seconds if you want to melt the cheese.
- Spoon a little salsa on top or add any of your favorite toppings and enjoy!