These Breakfast Potatoes are bites of roasted potatoes spiced up Texas style with taco seasoning, chopped onions, red bell peppers, and jalapenos, and will kick-start your breakfast or brunch.
I love cooking breakfast on the weekends, especially Sunday mornings when it is a little more relaxed and laid back; and my favorite go-to breakfast dish is Breakfast Potatoes.
Why, because, first of all, they are potatoes. ‘Nuff said.
Secondly, they are loaded with flavor from the butter, onions, bell peppers, taco seasoning, and jalapenos!! Yum!
If you dice the Breakfast Potatoes in small pieces they will cook up quickly in a skillet.
If you cut them in larger pieces, the potatoes then will take longer to cook. Also, I think they will be easier to eat.
In addition, then I can add them into breakfast tacos and make my favorite potato, egg and cheese breakfast tacos. Be sure to sign up to receive new recipes in your inbox because you don’t want to miss that recipe!
Cook the diced potatoes onions, bell peppers, and jalapenos in butter to give them that wonderful flavor. You could use an equal amount of olive oil also if you wanted it to be a little healthier.
Another good option would be to cook bacon in the same skillet then drain off all but a couple of tablespoons of the bacon drippings and then cook the breakfast potatoes in that.
But you know the best thing I love about these Breakfast Potatoes?
It is that I can sit down and enjoy them with my family on a Sunday morning. They are especially great during the holidays when we have extended family over to visit.
Everyone loves these breakfast potatoes and we can enjoy a relaxed Sunday breakfast or brunch and everyone is happy. There is nothing that fills my heart with joy than the family sitting around the table laughing and sharing stories while enjoying these Breakfast Potatoes.
Don’t worry if you don’t want the heat of the jalapenos. You can still enjoy these Breakfast Tacos. All you have to do is use green bell peppers instead of jalapenos. That is an easy substitution.
But definitely, gives these Texas Style Breakfast Potatoes a try and leave a comment to let me know how you liked them. I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs potatoes finely diced (can leave skins on)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos seeded and diced (can use 1 green bell pepper instead if you don't want the heat.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning use either the package or make your own.
- Chopped green onions to garnish
- In a large bowl, add the diced potatoes, onions, red bell pepper and jalapenos. Season with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the diced potatoes, onions, red bell peppers and jalapenos and cook until the potatoes are fork tender and the vegetables are soft.
- Just before serving top with a few chopped green onions for garnish.
If you like these potatoes, be sure to check out my Oven Roasted Garlic Herb Parmesan Potatoes Recipe.