Candied Peppered Bacon is a sweet and savory baked bacon that can be used in salads, vegetables, casseroles, pasta dishes, pizzas, and even desserts.
Who doesn’t love bacon? It adds a smoky, salty, savory flavor to any recipe. So why mess with a good thing? Because I can.
Sweet, smoky, savory bacon is even better. This Candied Peppered bacon is so easy to make, it almost doesn’t qualify as a recipe.
You need only 3 ingredients to make this sweet, salty, peppery, crispy bacon. You could buy peppered bacon and then it would only be 2 ingredients. However, I like to control the amount of pepper to my taste When you add the brown sugar and pepper to the bacon, and bake it, it turns, shiny, almost like glass.
The possibilities of how to use this Candied Peppered Bacon are endless. It goes great in salads, pasta dishes, casseroles, and on pizzas. It would also be great in cupcakes or other desserts.
I will be creating some other recipes that use this bacon. So stay tuned!
Which recipes will you be adding this Candied Pepper Bacon?
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
Candied Peppered Bacon
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large plastic zip top bag, add brown sugar and pepper.
- Add 1 slice of bacon at a time in the bag. Toss to coat evenly. Place bacon on foil covered baking sheet. Repeat for each slice of bacon.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 12 to 15 minutes. Time may vary depending on the thickness of the bacon.