Italiano Chicken is like a little mini lasagna on top of a chicken breast.
Disclaimer: I am a member of the eMeals Blogger Network. I received a one year subscription to the eMeals program. In exchange I agreed to use the plans and tell you about my experience with them. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link, at no additional cost to you.
Mr. Flavor Mosaic and I have overindulged recently (did you see the S’Mores 7-Layer Bars with toffee and caramel, or the German Chocolate Cookie Cups?) We needed to start eating healthier and reducing portion sizes so we could both lose some weight. However, we love food, and it has to taste good. If a dish looks “diet” to Mr. Flavor Mosaic, he won’t want any part of it.
A couple of months ago I was given the opportunity to try eMeals. Since I have previously tried every diet and weight loss program known to mankind, I know my downfall is planning (or lack thereof)….planning the meals, getting the recipes, planning the shopping lists, etc. However, I know that if I carefully plan my meals, and my shopping lists, that I will not only lose weight but save money too. The nice thing about eMeals is that they do all the planning for you. You just make the recipes and eat the meals.
It was very quick and easy to sign up for eMeals. The hardest part for me was selecting the meal plan because they have so many to choose from, including gluten-free, diabetic, paleo, vegetarian, kid-friendly, portion control, and many more for a total of 15 meal plans. After looking through all the plans, I chose the portion control meal plan.
After I signed up and selected a meal plan, I now receive each week an email with the meal plan for 7 days. Each day includes the recipe with Weight Watcher Points! That was a nice surprise. At the bottom of the meal plan is a shopping list for the week. What more could you ask?
With school starting shortly, now is a perfect time to get some help planning meals for you and your family.
This Italiano Chicken is an example of how you can eat well on eMeals. It is adapted slightly from the Smothered Chicken Italiano on the portion control meal plan. It is like a little mini lasagna on a chicken breast.
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes with basil and garlic crushed
- 3 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper; rub over chicken. In a medium skillet, sprayed with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a baking dish sprayed with oil. Spoon ricotta over chicken. Top with crushed tomatoes and basil. Bake uncovered 15 minutes. Top with mozzarella slices; bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until chicken is done.
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!