This is a sponsored post by Reynolds.
This tasty Baked Chicken Creole dinner, with chicken, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, celery, and garlic, is in the bag (literally) with Reynolds Large Oven Bags.
Mr. Flavor Mosaic and I have an agreement on dividing up work in the kitchen. I cook and he cleans. I think I definitely have the better end of this deal. (Shhh! Don’t tell him I said that.) Anyway, since he has the dirty dishes duty, he often requests that I make one pot meals to reduce clean up. For this reason, he loves Reynolds Large Oven Bags. The great thing is Reynolds Oven Bags aren’t just for baking turkey or chicken. They’re an easy solution for all kinds of delicious meals with very little clean up.
I decided to make Baked Chicken Creole. The oven bags make it so easy. I placed the bag inside a 9 x 13 baking dish, sprinkled a tablespoon of flour in the bottom, and then filled it with my ingredients, starting with onions, bell peppers, and celery.
Then I added the boneless, skinless chicken thigh meat, cut in to about about 1 inch pieces, and sprinkled it with creole seasoning.
Then I poured a can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano on top of the chicken and vegetables. I also added some extra garlic.
Then I closed the bag with the easy to close tabs found in the box of Reynolds Large Oven Bags.
I cut 6 slits in the top of the bag. The photo above shows what one of the slits looks like.
Then tuck the bag inside of the baking dish. Make sure none of the bag is hanging over the side of the dish.
Bake for about 25 minutes. When it is finished, carefully open the bag. And then you will see a delicious blend of chicken and vegetables in a wonderful sauce.
Serve the Baked Chicken Creole over white rice. See the recipe below for handy instructions that can be either saved or printed.
Baked Chicken Creole
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion rough chopped
- 3 celery ribs chopped
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 can 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes adjust amount to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a Reynolds Large Oven Bag in a 9 x 13 baking dish, with the bag opening facing you.
- Add in the tablespoon of flour to the bottom of the bag.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, and celery in the bag.
- Add in the chicken and then the garlic in the bag.
- Pour the diced tomatoes with liquid over the chicken and vegetables.
- Pour in the chicken broth.
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes over the top, if desired.
- Close the oven bag with the tie that comes in the oven bag box.
- Using scissors, cut 6 slits in the top of the bag. Make sure the bag does not hang over the side of the dish.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven, leaving plenty of room for the bag to expand without touching any oven elements.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes.
For more recipe ideas, try one of these simple meals that are sure to please the entire family without messing up the kitchen:
- Italian Sausage
- Prep Oven Bag according to directions on the box.
- Fill oven bag with your favorite type of sausage and roughly chopped peppers and onions.
- Cook until sausage is well done and vegetables are fork-tender.
- Serve with fresh bread.
- Mushroom Risotto:
- Follow instructions to make Mushroom Risotto on ReynoldsKitchens.com
What recipe will you make in your Reynolds Large Oven Bags?