Asiago Bruschetta Roasted Asparagus, with tomatoes, garlic, onions, and asiago cheese, makes a healthy gourmet side dish that can be on the table in 15 minutes and is perfect for brunch, or a weeknight or holiday dinner.
This week’s Sunday Supper, co-hosted by Christie Campbell of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Wendy Leep Hammond of Wholistic Woman, honors Moms by having members of the Sunday Supper family make their Moms’ favorite recipes.
Asiago Bruschetta Roasted Asparagus is actually my recipe to share with our family. I would love to make one of my Mom’s favorite recipes, but my Mom was not interested in cooking. She was a wonderful Mother and creative artist, but cooking was not something she enjoyed. So I can’t remember that she had a favorite recipe.
However, I think my Mom would have loved this Asiago Bruschetta Roasted Asparagus recipe because it is delicious, healthy, impressive, and can be ready in 15 minutes. Quick and easy recipes were the only ones she would consider. A lot of that was out of necessity since she was a working Mom with 5 kids.
Even though my Mother did not enjoy cooking, she did enjoy anything artistic. She painted on canvas and porcelain, made ceramic art, and tile mosaic artwork.
The name Mosaic in my blog title, Flavor Mosaic, is a nod to my Mom because of her tile mosaic artwork that she created. While I can’t paint or make the tile mosaic artwork she did, I can create a recipe that is a mosaic of flavors!
I think this Asiago Bruschetta Roasted Asparagus qualifies as a mosaic of flavors and is so pretty some might consider it a work of art.
Once you taste the incredible flavor of the roasted asparagus, this will become one of your favorite recipes also. The roasting really brings out the sweetness of the asparagus.
How about you? Would you and your Mom like this Asiago Bruschetta Roasted Asparagus? Give it a try for your Mother’s Day brunch, or just a weeknight dinner.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Asiago Bruschetta Roasted Asparagus
- 1 pound fresh asparagus washed and trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 6 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- To make the bruschetta, in a small bowl stir together the chopped tomatoes, garlic, onions, and basil leaves with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Top the asparagus with the bruschetta, placing it in the middle of the stalks.
- Sprinkle shredded asiago cheese over the top. Drizzle with a little olive oil, if needed.
- Bake in the oven about 10 minutes until the asparagus is tender and the cheese is melted.
- Serve the Asiago Bruschetta Roasted Asparagus while hot. Enjoy!
Starters (Appetizers, Beverages, Breakfast):
- Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal by Cooking With Carlee
- Frozen Pina Colada by The Redhead Baker
- Goats Cheese Rolls with Honey and Thyme by Manu’s Menu
- Mom’s Banana Bread by Family Around the Table
- Mom’s Famous Poppy Seed Bread With A Citrus Glaze by And She Cooks
- Mom’s Wine Spritzer by Momma’s Meals
Salads, Side Dishes, and Sauces:
- Asiago Bruschetta Roasted Asparagus by Flavor Mosaic
- Italian Country Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mom’s Cucumbers in Vinegar by Simple And Savory
- Mom’s Homemade Perogies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mom’s Potato Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Polish Haluski (Pan Fried Noodles & Sauerkraut) by The Crumby Cupcake
- Spinach Salad with Simple Vinaigrette by Cooking Chat
- Zippy Barbecue Sauce by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Chicken and Egg Salad Sandwich by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Chicken with Poblano Cream Sauce by Casa de Crews
- Fried Smelt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Granny Smith’s Meatloaf by Get the Good Stuff!
- Jean’s Best Vegetable Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Lemon & Garlic Herbed Roasted Chicken by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mama’s Favorite Southern Fried Chicken by The Chef Next Door
- Mom’s Cheese & Onion Enchiladas by The TipToe Fairy
- Mom’s Lentil Toastadas by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mom’s Moussaka by My Life Cookbook
- Shirley’s Potato Soup by Our Good Life
- Mom’s Spare Ribs To Go by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Mom’s Sukiyaki: Japanese Beef and Vegetables Hot Pot by Asian In America
- Myra’s Super Supper by Tramplingrose
- Pizza Meatloaf by A Mind Full Mom
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Apple Bread Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Crisp by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Baklava by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Brown Sugar Pudding by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Butter Balls by Feeding and More
- Carrot Cream Cheese Coffee Cake by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Cherry Truffle Cheesecake by What Smells So Good?
- Crustless Pecan Pie Rice Pudding by Desserts Required
- Double Layer Chocolate Cake with Red Wine Chocolate Buttercream by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Classic Date Squares by She Loves Biscotti
- Gluten Free Strawberry Rhubarb Cake by What The Fork Food Blog
- Homemade Chocolate Cherry Candies by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Hungarian Crepes: Palacsinta by My Gourmet Connection
- Lemon Cookies with White Chocolate and Mint by The Finer Cookie
- Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze and Roasted Strawberries by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Mom’s Apple Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Mom’s Famous White Icing by Monica’s Table
- Moms Mayonnaise Cake by My World Simplified
- Pavlova with Raspberries and Cream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Rocky Road Brownie Sundae for Mom by The Weekend Gourmet
- Rose Shortbread Cookies by Baking Sense
- Sour Cream Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
Plus What Mom Really Wants for Mother’s Day plus Mom’s Favorite from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Be sure to check out these other recipes with Asparagus: