This easy Crock Pot Chuck Roast or Pot Roast or Beef Roast recipe, with roasted potatoes, carrots, and onions, is so juicy, tender and flavorful, no one would ever believe how easy it is to make dinner in the slow cooker!
I love my slow cooker! I use it all year round, including the summer, when it is too hot to grill and in the winter when it is too cold to go outside. It is so easy to throw all the ingredients in the crock pot and then turn it on before I go to work and let it do its magic while I am gone.
The best part is coming home to dinner that it is already cooked and ready to be served, and the house smells incredible. If you were not hungry before you got home, you will be after you smell the wonderful aroma from this incredible Crock Pot Chuck Roast.
This Chuck Roast makes such a delicious, hearty meal that everyone loves. My husband, AKA, the dishwasher, loves this Crock Pot Chuck Roast because it is a one pot meal. The entire dinner cooks together in the slow cooker.
This Crock Pot Chuck Roast is the ultimate comfort food. Growing up I can’t count the Sunday suppers we had with a pot roast as the main course. It was always juicy, tender and full of flavor because my Dad loved to add lots of seasoning and let it slow cook until it fell apart with just a fork.
Since my Dad was a meat and potatoes man, this Crock Pot Chuck Roast would have been one of his favorite meals. For him, dinner meant meat, specifically beef, and potatoes. He didn’t need anything else.
I have so many good memories of those Sunday family dinners, and each time I make this Crock Pot Chuck Roast and I smell it cooking, all those wonderful memories come flooding back.
If you are worried that you won’t make it as good as what you remember, worry no more! This Crock Pot Chuck Roast with Vegetables is about as easy as you can get because the slow cooker or crock pot does all the work.
Tips For The Perfect Chuck Roast or Pot Roast
- Start with the best quality beef chuck roast you can find. I think every grocery store in America has them. If they didn’t, the store would probably go out of business!
- Before placing the roast into the crock pot, I like to season the meat and brown it on all sides of the roast. I think that adds even more flavor and sears in the juices. Don’t worry, it doesn’t take long.
- Sear the roast for a couple of minutes on each side before placing it in the crock pot. The added flavor the searing provides makes this extra step worth it. Many people skip this step, but this locks in flavor.
What To Cook With The Chuck Roast
After you place the seared chuck roast in the crock pot, add in the onions, carrots, and potatoes so they can cook with the pot roast.
While I like to use carrots, onions, and potatoes, you can add your favorite root vegetables, such as sweet potatoes, parsnips, or turnips.
Then pour in the beef broth and Worcestershire and cook it on low for 8 – 10 hours and you will have the best pot roast you have ever had in your life!
Since it was all cooked in one pot, you can spend less time washing dishes and spend more time with your family enjoying this incredible Crock Pot Chuck Roast and the roasted potatoes and carrots!
Watch the video above to learn how to make this Crock Pot Chuck Roast recipe.
Go ahead and make this easy, flavorful, budget-friendly and family friendly one-pot meal. You will be glad you did and so will our family!
What To Serve With The Chuck Roast
- If you cook the root vegetables, such as carrots and potatoes, with the roast, then all you need to add is a green salad, slaw or mashed potatoes if you didn’t cook the potatoes with the pot roast.
Looking For More Crock Pot (Slow Cooker) Recipes?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
This easy Crock Pot Chuck Roast or Pot Roast recipe, with roasted potatoes, carrots, and onions, is so juicy, tender and flavorful, no one would ever believe how easy it is to make this dinner in the slow cooker!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lb Chuck Roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups Baby Carrots
- 2 lbs potatoes cubed
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning or a little over half a store bought packet
- 3 Tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- In a large skillet or dutch oven add the olive oil over medium high heat.
- When the pan is hot, place the chuck roast in the hot oil and cook for a minute or two until the side facing down on the pan, is brown. Then turn the roast and repeat for each side until all sides are brown.
- Remove the roast and place it in the slow cooker.
- Add the potatoes, onions, and carrots.
- Pour the broth and Worcestershire over the roast and vegetables.
- Sprinkle the taco, ranch, and Italian seasonings over the top of the roast and vegetables.
- Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours.
Be sure to pin this recipe to save for later!