This Cajun Herb Prime Rib Roast, also known as a ribeye roast, will bring family and friends together around the #SundaySupper or holiday table to enjoy its tender and juicy roasted flavor.
For us, the holidays mean we often get to see family and friends that we don’t get very often. We look forward to it all year long. With everyone’s busy schedules, it seems we never can get everyone in same place at the same time, except during the holidays. One of the things I loved about the holidays a a kid was that my Dad had time off work, and we could get the whole family, as well as extended family and friends, around the table to enjoy the holiday dinner.
Let me assure you, if you serve this gorgeous, delicious Cajun Herb Prime Rib Roast made with Certified Angus Beef®, you will have everyone far and wide showing up at your house to enjoy this wonderful holiday meal because Certified Angus Beef® Brand is the highest quality of beef on the market. The Certified Angus Beef ® brand is more selective than USDA Choice and Prime. Each cut must meet 10 rigorous standards for quality. It’s beef has excellent marbling, which results in outstanding flavor, juiciness and tenderness. It is the same beef served many restaurants, including Saltgrass Steakhouse, and can be bought locally at Randall’s stores. Visit their Where To Buy web site to find retailers and restaurants in your area that carry Certified Angus Beef.
This boneless ribeye roast, also commonly known as prime rib, can be intimidating if you have never prepared it before. However, the Certified Angus Beef® Brand Roast Perfect App, available on both Apple and Android devices has made it easy to make the perfect roast.
I loved the app because it helped me select the cut of beef, and recommended what size of roast to buy based on how many people I was serving. It was so convenient to have the app at the grocery store. Based on the information provided I bought this boneless ribeye roast with all that great marbling, which means it will have a ton of flavor.
What I also liked about it was how easy it was to follow the instructions to cook the roast. It recommended how long to cook the roast based on how well done you like your roast. I selected medium rare and it gave me the exact time to cook, and the roast was truly perfect.
I love that Certified Angus Beef® makes it so easy for me to cook a successful roast. They include wonderful recipe ideas on their Roast Perfect Pinterest board, such as the Garlic Rubbed Roast Beef by Life Tastes Good. Be sure to follow the board for even more recipe ideas.
They have so many amazing resources to help you make the perfect roast. Go to their website for more information regarding cuts of Beef for Roasting, and click here for Roasting Instructions from Chef Michael.
Be sure to follow Certified Angus Beef® Brand on its website and social media sites:
Now that you know my secrets of how I learned to make the perfect roast, let’s talk specifically about this fabulously flavorful, juicy and tender Cajun Herb Prime Rib Roast.
I rubbed the entire roast with olive oil and then a very generous amount of minced garlic. Then I sprinkled it with kosher salt and cracked black pepper and a little cayenne pepper. Lastly spread a generous amount of rosemary evenly over the roast. This preparation can be done the day before you serve it. Also before you cook it, be sure to pull the roast out of the refrigerator and let it sit for an hour or so to bring it up to room temperature.
Place the roast on a rack inside a roasting pan and cook it at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 325 and roast for 15 – 20 minutes for each pound of beef or until the beef reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees. I strongly recommend using a meat thermometer.
I added chopped potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery to the pan to make a full meal with the roasted vegetables.
When it comes out of the oven you have a gorgeous, mouthwatering Cajun Herb Prime Rib Roast that will make everyone happy. Check the Certified Angus Beef® Brand Roast Perfect App, on either Apple and Android devices, to calculate the best cooking time for you based on the size of the roast and the level of doneness you prefer.
I cooked this 4-1/2 pound boneless ribeye roast for 15 minutes at 450 degrees and then 2 hours and 25 minutes at 325 degrees.
This Cajun Herb Prime Rib Roast tastes fantastic with roasted vegetables cooked with the roast. Just add a salad to round out the meal.
How do you like your Cajun Herb Prime Rib Roast cooked? Medium Rare, Medium, Medium Well? Leave a comment to let me know.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1 4-1/2 pound boneless ribeye roast
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Remove roast from refrigerator and bring it to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Rub olive oil all over the outside of the roast. Then rub the minced garlic evenly over the roast. Sprinkle the roast with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and rosemary.
- Cook roast in the oven for 15 minutes to sear it.
- Cook it for another 2 hours for medium or until a meat thermometer reads 135 degrees.
Check out these other great recipes to help you prepare your perfect roast.
- Asian Beer Marinated Roast by Food Done Light
- Bone-In Rib Roast Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Cajun Herb Prime Rib Roast by Flavor Mosaic
- Classic Prime Rib by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coffee Rubbed Prime Rib Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cranberry Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Garlic Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Life Tastes Good
- Garlic Herb Beef Tenderloin Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Greek Marinated Sirloin Tip Roast by Curious Cuisiniere
- Herbed Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine and Cranberry Sauce by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lemon Pepper Sirloin Tip Roast by Magnolia Days
- Lendenbraten with Black Truffle Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- New York Strip Roast by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Prime Rib Roast with Brussels Sprouts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Prime Rib Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prime Rib Roast with Santa Maria Rub by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Shallot and Herb Roast by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spiced Ribeye Roast with Caramelized Onion by Cooking Chat
- Sweet and Garlicky Prime Rib by Family Foodie
- Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin Roast with Mushroom Cream Sauce by Whole Food | Real Families
- #RoastPerfect Tips Plus Holiday Roasting Recipes #SundaySupper by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure statement: This post is sponsored by Certified Angus Beef® Brand in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.