Creole Green Beans are savory and spicy and delicious with bacon, onions, tomatoes, chilies, and cajun seasoning and make a perfect Cajun Side Dish for Mardi Gras or any time.
Creole Green Beans make a perfect side dish to any Mardi Gras celebration meal. Since there is likely a 100% chance I won’t be making it to New Orleans for Mardi Gras this year, it does not stop me from celebrating at home by making some fabulous cajun / creole recipes.
The first Mardi Gras Celebration recipe is Creole Green Beans. These are one of my favorite side dishes to order at Cajun Seafood restaurants. They are savory and spicy and delicious. With bacon, onions, tomatoes, chilies, and cajun seasoning it has to be amazing. Pair it with Instant Pot Meatloaf (Philly Cheesesteak Style) for an out of this world meal.
These Creole Green Beans are loaded with flavor and complement other Cajun or Creole Dishes as well such as Cajun Blackened Chicken, Maque Choux, Baked Chicken Creole, and finish it off with Bananas Foster Upside Down Cupcakes.
Be looking for more Mardi Gras recipes on Flavor Mosaic in the coming days before Fat Tuesday.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Creole Green Beans
- 1 package 16 ounces frozen cut green beans (use fresh if you have them)
- 5 pieces of bacon cooked, diced (optional)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 can 14-1/2 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- Cook beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, over medium heat, cook bacon until it is crisp. Remove bacon. Stir in chopped onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until clear. Stir in minced garlic for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in diced tomatoes and chilies. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Drain green beans and add to skillet. Stir in bacon until evenly distributed.