This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #lovemyvinegar #CollectiveBias
Every other day when I am on a diet (wait, don’t tell me I’m the only one that does that) I look for ingredients that add flavor without adding additional calories. I was so happy to find De Nigris Seasoned Vinegars, especially their seasoned White Wine Vinegar, because they add amazing flavor to my everyday recipes without adding additional fat and calories. Another reason I like it is that it is all natural with no artificial preservatives.
In addition, I love supporting family owned businesses. De Nigris Vinegars are made in Italy and family owned. They are easy to find in the vinegar aisle by the ketchup in Walmart.
In my Walmart store I found it on the top shelf of the vinegar aisle.
Once I brought these De Nigris seasoned White Vinegars home, I knew I had to make an amazing recipe with them. Vinegars are not just for salad dressings or toppings anymore. I use them in many of my everyday recipes all year round.
I used the Italian Herbs seasoned White Wine Vinegar in my Bacon, Onion, and Horseradish Mashed Potatoes. Let me tell you, these are no ordinary mashed potatoes. They taste ahhhh-mazing! Why? Because they have bacon…Hello! But, of course it also has caramelized onions cooked with the De Nigris Italian Herbs seasoned White Wine Vinegar. You can taste the flavor of Italy in every bite! Then you add stone ground dijon mustard and horseradish. It is over-the-top out of this world delicious!
Now that I have oohhhed and ahhhed over the vinegar, it is your turn to try this amazing vinegar.
De Nigris Vinegars is offering an incredible Gift Basket (TOTAL VALUE $400.00) that includes:1 Walmart Gift Card $200.00 1 canvas tote (to hold all the stuff) @ 14.99, 1 Cuisinart Hand Blender @ 34.99, 1 Zyliss 3 pack knife set @ 14.99, 1 Messermeister tong set @ 14.99, 1 JJ Nest utensil set @ 24.99, 1 Uneida Color Burst collapsible colander@ 19.99, 1 set of silicone spatulas @14.99, 1 palm brush @ 6.99, 1 bottle of De Nigris Organic Premium Balsamic @ 14.99, 1 bottle of De Nigris Organic red wine vinegar @ 6.99, 1 bottle of De Nigris Organic white wine vinegar @ 6.99, 1 bottle of De Nigris La Saba 9.99, 1 bottle of De Nigris Pear Fruttati @ 9.99, 1 bottle of De Nigris fig Fruttati @ 9.99, 1 tin of De Nigris Extra Virgin Olive Oil @ 17.99, 1 bottle of De Nigris Balsamic Ketchup @ 3.99,
Find more fantastic recipes from De Nigris Vinegars by following them on their Twitter and Facebook pages.
- 2 onions diced
- 1 tablespoon De Nigris Italian Herbs Seasoned White Wine Vinegar
- 6 large baking potatoes peeled (optional) and cubed
- 1 tablespoon Stone Ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish or to taste
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked, drained and chopped
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil. When oil is hot, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the onions have softened, and achieved a deep brown color, 15 to 25 minutes. Stir in vinegar, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- While the onions are cooking, place cubed potatoes in large pot and cover with salted water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the potatoes can be pierced easily with a fork, about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes.
- To finish the dish, transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl, and use a potato masher to mix with mustard, horseradish, salt and cracked black pepper until smooth. Mix in softened butter, caramelized onions, bacon, and half-and-half until onions are distributed evenly.
Try these Oven Roasted Green Beans to go with these mashed potatoes.
Or try these Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Cheesy Potatoes.
Or how about these Butternut Squash Dinner Rolls from Life Tastes Good?
For a lower carb mashed potato recipe try Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures.