Oven Roasted Green Beans are so quick and easy they hardly qualify as a recipe. Yet they are so delicious your whole family will love them.
As we get older we are trying to eat healthier, especially at the holidays to avoid those extra 7 pounds each year. These Oven Roasted Green Beans offer a healthier alternative to the green bean casserole and are still full of flavor.
The roasting adds such an earthy robust flavor to the green beans. Bake just 10 minutes and they will be tender crisp. I also prefer the flavor of freshly roasted green beans compared to the standard green bean casserole. In recent years most of my family members are also trying to eat healthier so everyone has been happy with these.
I like to keep them simple. However, you could add garlic, bacon, or sprinkle parmesan cheese on top to dress them up a bit. Whatever you like.
So if you are looking for some healthier side dishes for Thanksgiving, considering adding these Oven Roasted Green Beans to your menu.
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
- 1 pound fresh green beans trimmed and rinsed
- 1 onion sliced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cover a jelly roll pan with foil and spray with cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, add the green beans and sliced onions. Drizzle with olive oil. Stir to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the green beans and onions evenly in one layer on the pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for about 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.