Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Cheesy Potatoes will make you a hero at your family get togethers. Cheddar cheese, sun dried tomato pesto, and scalloped potatoes combine for an easy, rich, creamy and cheesy side dish recipe.
Who doesn’t love potatoes, especially cheesy potatoes with sun dried tomato pesto. I love potatoes prepared just about any way you can fix them, fried, baked, mashed, sautéed, roasted, you name it.
For holidays, we usually have mashed potatoes, but I also love scalloped potatoes and potatoes au grain. This scalloped potato recipe adds cheddar cheese, sun dried tomato pesto, salt and pepper, and chicken broth to the potatoes. That’s it. Easy!
To make slicing the potatoes faster, easier, and more consistent, you can use your food processor, or you can do it tried and true way of slicing them yourself. It tastes just as delicious either way.
When will you try these Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Cheesy Potatoes?
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Cheesy Potatoes
- 1 (7-ounce jar) prepared sun-dried tomato pesto
- 7 cups sliced potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Layer half of the sliced potatoes on the bottom, Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then top with 1/2 of the sun dried tomato pesto and then a layer of cheese, using 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat layers. Pour broth over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
If you like this recipe, try my other potato side dish recipes, such as this Texas BBQ Loaded Baked Potato Salad.
Leave a Reply