Beef Tips and Rice, with sauteed onions and peppers covered in a savory gravy, made in a dutch oven or crockpot, make an easy, delicious, and hearty dinner your family will love.
We loved these savory Beef Tips and Rice for a hearty weeknight dinner! My elderly mother-in-law tells me she does not like beef. However, when I served her these Beef Tips and Rice for dinner the other night, and she loved it.
For someone who claimed not to like beef, she scarfed these Beef Tips down in no time flat and was asking for more! In this case, actions speak louder than words.
The other thing that I love about these Beef Tips and Rice is that they are easy to make. I made them after work and had dinner on the table in a little over an hour.
I cooked the beef tips in a dutch oven and browned them on all sides. Then I added the onions and green bell peppers to saute and add flavor and cooked for about 5 minutes. Then I added minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth and let simmer. Scroll down to the printed recipe for all the ingredient measurements and detailed instruction.
What type of beef to use?
I’m glad you asked. Typically a Beef Tips recipe calls for sirloin tips or tenderloin tips but many use beef stew meat, which is what I did because that is what was available at my local grocery store.
This is pure comfort food at its best. We like to serve it over cooked rice. However, you could also serve it over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
What are you going to serve with these Beef Tips and Rice? Leave a comment and let me know.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
- 3 pounds top sirloin, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes (or use stew meat)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup Worcestershire
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add oil.
- Season beef tips with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and cumin.
- Add the seasoned beef tips to the hot skillet and cook until browned.
- Add the sliced onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the Worcestershire sauce and the beef broth.
- Let it simmer for about 1 hour.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Save this recipe by pinning it to your Dinner board.