Beef Tips and Rice
Beef Tips and Rice, with sauteed onions and peppers covered in a savory gravy, made in a dutch oven or crockpot, make an easy, delicious, and hearty dinner your family will love.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3 pounds top sirloin cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes (or use stew meat)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add oil.
Season beef tips with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and cumin.
Add the seasoned beef tips to the hot skillet and cook until browned.
Add the sliced onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to low.
Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
Pour in the Worcestershire sauce and the beef broth.
Let it simmer for about 1 hour.