This easy Crockpot Philly Cheese Steak uses a slow cooker to make this Philly Cheese Steak juicy, tender, and delicious for awesome sandwiches for a football game or any time!
Mr. Flavor Mosaic is so happy that football season is here that he can’t even put into words how ecstatic he is. He looks forward to the start of football season every year. So I need easy, hearty, man-friendly meals like this Crockpot Philly Cheese Steak.
The slow cooking really brings out the flavor of the meat and provides an awesome au jus for dipping. In addition, the convenience of the crockpot or slow cooker is a life saver.
My hubby raved about these Crockpot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches! He said these were much better than the football game he watched since his alma mater lost in the last minute upset. However, I knew he loved these Philly Cheese Steaks because he asked if I could make them again, like tomorrow!
What makes this recipe different is the crockpot or slow cooker. Buy a Sirloin roast or use a chuck roast like I did and slow cook it for 4 hours.
You can choose to sear the roast before slow cooking. However, this time I skipped that step and it was still very flavorful.
Slice the meat thinly. I made the slices a little thicker.
Then pile on the steak onto these Crockpot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches along with the cooked onions, red and green bell peppers.
Of course, then you have to top these Crockpot Philly Cheese Steak with American cheese.
Then place the Crockpot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches under the broiler for about 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt, and then serve!
These are so good that I’m getting hungry just writing this and I want to make them again! Don’t wait, head to the store and buy the ingredients to make this. You won’t regret it!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into 2-inch strips, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1-1/2 cups reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- Spray the inside of the crockpot or slow cooker with cooking spray, or use a slow cooker liner. Sprinkle the steak or roast with freshly cracked black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder. Add the onions and red and green bell peppers. Add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, and hot sauce.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.