These Homemade Baked Sweet Potato Chips are crispy, spicy, and healthy and fit into a Paleo, Vegan or Gluten Free diet as a healthy snack recipe.
Thanks to Heluva Good! Dip for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Flavor Mosaic possible!
I love crispy, crunchy snacks. I could eat a whole bag of potato chips if left alone with the bag.
That is why I love these guilt-free Homemade Baked Sweet Potato Chips because they fulfill my cravings for potato chips using healthy sweet potatoes without all the fat and calories of store bought potato chips.
In addition, I can control the amount of salt and seasoning to customize it to my and my family’s taste.
They also pair perfectly with Heluva Good! Dips, especially their French Onion Dip. How can you have a dip without a chip or a chip without a dip? The two go together like a hand and glove. They have incredible dip flavors that include French Onion, Bacon Horseradish, Bodacious Onion, Buttermilk Ranch, Jalapeno Cheddar, White Cheddar & Bacon, and Heluva Good! Dip flavored with Tabasco brand.
They are perfect pair for serving at a holiday party. To pair with the dip, the chips must be crisp in order to hold the dip.
TIPS FOR ENTERTAINING AT HOME
With the holiday season coming up, entertaining at home is easier than you think.
- Bring out the holiday decorations to decorate the table, such as a small wreath or candle.
- Make ahead whenever possible. Make these sweet potato chips ahead of time.
- Buy quality products to use, such as the Heluva Good! Dips to provide lots of variety for dipping for your guests.
Tips for Perfect Homemade Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- Use a mandolin to slice the sweet potatoes. This allows you to slice them thinner than you most likely would with a knife, plus it speeds up the process greatly. Also, the thinner the chip is sliced, the more likely it will crisp up nicely. It also helps to make even slices, which will allow even cooking of the sweet potato chips.
- Soak the sweet potato slices in warm water for about 15 minutes before baking because this removes some of the starch, which will make them more crispy.
- Dry the sweet potatoes before adding oil or seasoning.
- Watch the chips carefully while baking. Temperatures vary from oven to oven, and your sweet potatoes could be sliced thinner or thicker than mine. The thinner they are sliced the faster they cook. Therefore watch them closely so they do not burn.
Follow these tips along with the instructions and you will have perfect chips.
And be sure to pair these perfect chips with Heluva Good! Dips, such as French Onion, Jalapeño Cheddar, or Bacon Horseradish.
Which Heluva Good! Dip will you serve with these Homemade Baked Sweet Potato Chips?
Don’t forget, in addition, to being crispy and spicy, these sweet potato chips are healthy and fit into a Paleo, Vegan or Gluten Free diet as a healthy snack recipe.
I want FREE Recipes!
Follow Flavor Mosaic’s recipe board on Pinterest.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Homemade Baked Sweet Potato Chips Recipe
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons taco seasoning either store bought or homemade taco seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into very thin slices using a mandolin or very sharp knife.
- Soak the sweet potatoes in warm water for about 15 minutes.
- Dry the sweet potatoes.
- Lay the sweet potato slices out flat evenly in one layer on the parchment covered sheet pan.
- Spray the sweet potatoes with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 15 - 20 minutes. Be sure to watch closely as oven temperatures vary.
- Serve with Heluva Good! Dip.
Be sure to pin this recipe to save it.
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
Love sweet potato chips!!
Looks delish! Grumpy loves the French Onion Heluva dip!
So does Dave.