Crockpot Roasted Potatoes are russet potatoes roasted in a crockpot or slow cooker with garlic, Italian Seasoning herbs, including rosemary, and parmesan cheese. These Crockpot Roasted Potatoes are perfect for a weekend or holiday dinner.
If you would like to skip all the helpful tips and tricks in the written part of the blog post and go straight to the recipe, just scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Roasted potatoes are a natural side dish to go with a pot roast or with a roast chicken. They are one of my family’s favorite side dishes.
I like to pull out the crockpot or slow cooker when cooking a pot roast or my Crockpot Chuck Roast or Crockpot Roast Chicken, especially when feeding a crowd or for a holiday dinner, such as Christmas or Thanksgiving.
Roasted potatoes are a natural side dish to go with Roast Chicken or Pot Roast. However, often my crockpot or slow cooker is not large enough to cook the potatoes with the chicken or roast.
That is why I have multiple slow cookers so I can roast the potatoes in one slow cooker and a roast or chicken in the other crockpot.
These savory crisp-tender roasted potato wedges are bursting with flavor from the Italian herbs, garlic and parmesan cheese.
Can You Roast Potatoes In a Slow Cooker or Crockpot?
Yes! I’m sure many people who have only roasted potatoes in the oven have wondered how the roasted potatoes would turn out in a slow cooker.
I’m here to tell you that Roasted Potatoes can be cooked successfully in a crockpot or slow cooker, and your guests will never know that you did not cook them in the oven.
All your guests will know is that your Crockpot Roasted Potatoes taste fabulous with tons of flavor from the Italian herbs, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
What Type Of Potatoes Do I Use For Crockpot Roasted Potatoes?
For this Crockpot Roasted Potatoes recipe, I used small russet potatoes. However, many types of potatoes would also work for this Crockpot Roasted Potatoes recipe. You could use any of the following types of potatoes.
- Russet Potatoes. These are the potatoes I used for this recipe. They cook up very nicely in the crockpot.
- Red Potatoes. Red-skinned potatoes will also roast up nicely in the crockpot. These are also a popular type of potato for roasting.
- Fingerling Potatoes.
- Gold Yukon Potatoes.
Can I Roast Potatoes In The Same Slow Cooker or Crockpot as a Roast Chicken or Pot Roast?
If you are fortunate enough to have a large enough slow cooker or crockpot, then you can cook the roasted potatoes with the roast or roast chicken.
However, for many of us, the slow cooker is not large enough to cook both the roast and the potatoes in the same crockpot. If that is the case, then you will need a second slow cooker to roast the potatoes separately.
If you don’t have a second slow cooker you can roast the potatoes in the oven. Make my Oven Roasted Garlic Herb Parmesan Potatoes recipe in that case.
Can I Cook Other Vegetables With The Roasted Potatoes?
Yes, you can cook other vegetables, including onions, celery, bell peppers, carrots, or any other of your favorite vegetables.
Other ideas for vegetables to cook with potatoes include brussels sprouts, artichoke hearts, squash, broccoli, and any other of your favorite vegetables.
What Spices Or Seasoning Do I Use On The Roasted Potatoes?
Again, this is another category where the only limits are your imagination. Below are some popular seasoning blends commonly used on roasted potatoes:
- Salt and Pepper. This may sound boring but for many people, this seasoning is enough because the roasted potatoes have so much flavor on their own.
- Garlic Herb Parmesan. This is the flavor combination that I have chosen for this Crockpot Roasted Potatoes recipe. It combines minced garlic, Italian Seasoning, which includes thyme, rosemary, basil and other Italian herbs, as well as parmesan cheese. Optionally, you can add crushed red pepper to the mix, but if that is too hot for you, just leave that out.
- Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning. If you are serving the Crockpot Roasted Potatoes with a rotisserie or roast chicken, add the Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning to the potatoes as well.
- Greek Seasoning. This is one of the most flavorful seasoning blends in my opinion. It is kind of like Italian seasoning but it has more lemon flavor and plenty of oregano. You can buy a store-bought mix or make your own with my Easy Homemade Greek Seasoning Mix recipe.
- Taco Seasoning. Always a favorite, turn your Crockpot Roasted Potatoes into a Mexican dish by adding a kick of taco seasoning to the potatoes. Buy a store-bought mix or make your own Taco Seasoning.
- Cajun Seasoning. If you are ready to kick up the flavor and the heat, then season your Crockpot Roasted Potatoes with Cajun Seasoning. If you like spicy hot flavor of Louisiana, then buy some Cajun Seasoning or Make your Own Cajun Seasoning.
How Long Do I Cook the Roast Potatoes in the Crockpot?
Cook the potatoes on low for 4 – 5 hours or on high for 2 – 3 hours.
The following factors can impact the cook time for your potatoes.
- The size and type of your potatoes. Typically, the smaller the size of the potato wedges, the faster the potatoes will cook. In contrast, the larger the size of the potatoes, the longer it will take to cook.
- Cut the potatoes so that all the pieces are approximately the same size.
- The age and brand of your slow cooker. Older slow cookers, older than 10 years old, typically cook more slowly than newer ones. The newer ones generally cook at a higher temperature than the older slow cookers. So potatoes that might take 2 hours to cook in a newer slow cooker may take 3 hours to cook in an older slow cooker.
Can I Cook Potatoes Other Ways In The Slow Cooker or Crockpot?
I love potatoes that are baked, roasted, mashed, smashed, and just about any way you can prepare them. Yes, you can use the crockpot or slow cooker to cook your potatoes as baked or mashed.
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes – Yes, you can make mashed potatoes in the slow cooker. This is a great option for holiday dinners when you need stovetop an oven space for other dishes.
- Bake Whole Potatoes in the Crockpot – Yes, you can bake whole potatoes in a crockpot or slow cooker. Wrap the potatoes in foil and place them in the slow cooker and let them cook for high or 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
What Do I Serve With Crockpot Roasted Potatoes?
Potatoes go with just about any main dish you can think of. There are no limits. However, below are a few of my family’s favorite main dishes to serve with Crockpot Roasted Potatoes.
- Crockpot Roast Chicken
- Crockpot Chuck Roast
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Roast Turkey with Apple Cider Brine
With all the above information and the recipe below, you are now prepared to make these Crockpot Roasted Potatoes yourself. Give them a try and come back here and let me know how you liked them! Leave a comment and a rating below.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
Crockpot Roasted Potatoes
- Spray a slow cooker or crockpot with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in the crockpot.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, and (optional) crushed red pepper flakes.
- Cook on high for 2 - 3 hours or on low for 4 - 5 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley for garnish. (optional)