Welcome to Day #3 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25.
For day 3 of Appetizer week, I am sharing these awesome Italian-inspired Chicken Parmesan Meatballs that can be served as a stand alone appetizer with extra marinara sauce, or in sandwiches or sliders. These little chicken parmesan meatballs have so much flavor but won’t blow your diet….but that can be a secret between you and me. Don’t tell them it is a healthier option than regular meatballs. They will love the taste and will never know that is not a diet-buster. I like to add a little crushed red pepper to give it a little kick, but you can control the level of heat by adjusting the amount of crushed red pepper. It is perfect for watching the big game or any party or get together. Be warned! You can’t eat just one. So be sure to make plenty of them because they will go fast.
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs for #Appetizer Week
- 1 lb chicken sausage removed from casings
- ¾ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1-½ teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- ½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella sliced into small thin slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Combine well but don't over mix. Roll chicken mixture into 1" meatballs and place onto baking sheet. Bake for 16-18 minutes until lightly browned.
- Spoon about one tablespoon marinara sauce over each meatball. Place a small thin slice of mozzarella on top of each meatball.
- Return to oven and cook for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Visit all the other Appetizer Week Blogs for more Snack Time Deliciousness:
- Meatball Bites by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Gluten Free Onion Butter Pretzels by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Crawfish Dip by Call Me PMc
- Low-Carb Shrimp Guacamole by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders by Cooking in Stilettos
- Sun-dried Tomato Dip by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sriracha Butternut Hummus by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Margherita Pizza Sticks by Makobi Scribe
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs by Flavor Mosaic
- Feta-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes with Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
- Ham and Sauerkraut Balls by From Gate to Plate
- Cheddar Cayenne Crackers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Baked Pickle Chips by Lemons for Lulu
- Cheddar Cheese Olive Puffs by Life Off the Clock
- Manchego and Roasted Pepper Stuffed Mushrooms by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Restaurant-Style Chipotle Salsa by Home Cooking Memories
- Mango Jalapeno Sausage Rolls by Food Done Light
- Ham & Cheese Mini Cracker Sandwiches by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Spicy Cheese Rounds by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Chicken Stuffed jalapeno Poppersby Cookerati
Today’s sponsor is Not So Simple Syrup. They can be found on Facebook, and Twitter. Not So Simple Syrup is a small, local maker of simple syrups. Heidi and Barbie’s passion is to create all natural syrups that inspire and stimulate your penchant for amazing mixed drinks as well as iced teas, non-alcoholic beverages and dessert making and baking too. They pride themselves on individual service. When you purchase a NSSS product, you can be sure that it received their personal stamp of approval. Not So Simple Syrup is providing us with a 6-month gift basket subscription for the winner. Each month you will get a gift package with a new theme and everything you need to whip up a favorite recipe from the Not So Simple Syrup crew. Everything but the booze will be included and shipped directly to your door. Like wine of the month, but with simple syrups. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
***Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Winner must be 18 years of age or older. No substitutions or cash value will be given. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be contacted via email and has 72 hours to respond before a new winner is drawn.***
a Rafflecopter giveaway
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Not So Simple Syrup. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.