These Baked Italian Meatballs are the best, juicy, most flavorful Baked Italian Meatballs made with ground beef and Italian sausage and seasoned to perfection with Italian herbs and parmesan cheese. Serve with spaghetti sauce and pasta for a delicious meal!
Sign up for my FREE email subscription …. new recipes in your inbox.
If you follow my blog regularly, you will know that we love to make meatball recipes around here. The Slow Cooker Asian Sesame Meatballs was one of our most popular recipes, and the classic Meatballs With Grape Jelly and Chili Sauce is one of the latest popular recipes, and the Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are still popular. Porcupine meatballs were the latest meatball recipe on the blog thanks to Marion from Life Tastes Good.
Spaghetti and meatballs are one of my favorite comfort foods. What is not to like? The meatballs are bursting with flavor with seasonings and cheese and when combined with spaghetti sauce and pasta, it is like receiving a big Italian hug.
Take Me To The Baked Italian Meatballs Recipe!
If you would like to skip all the helpful tips and tricks in the written part of the blog post and go straight to the recipe, just scroll down to the bottom of the page.
What Makes These Baked Italian Meatballs So Flavorful?
In addition to the herbs, seasonings, crushed red pepper and Worcestershire, one of the main reasons these meatballs have so much flavor is that I make it with half ground beef and half Italian Sausage. The Italian Sausage adds loads of flavor. It takes these meatballs over the top. I promise you that whenever you make these, you won’t have leftovers because they are so good.
What Are The Ingredients In Baked Italian Meatballs?
I already told you the secret ingredient (well, not so secret anymore) in this recipe. However, here is a list of all the ingredients and you can see why these meatballs are so juicy and full of flavor.
- Ground Beef – I recommend using 80/20 ground beef because it has more fat and more flavor. I don’t recommend using extra lean ground beef. However, if that is what you have on hand, it could still work if you combine it with the Italian Sausage because the Italian Sausage has a higher level of fat.
- Italian Sausage – I like to use ground Italian Sausage that is not in links. You can use the sausage links if you remove the sausage from the casings.
- Onion – I like to use one small onion and then chop the onion. You could also use sweet Vidalia onions.
- Garlic – I mince 2 cloves of garlic for this recipe.
- Italian Seasoning – I always keep Italian Seasoning on-hand. However, if you have basil, Thyme, Oregano, Rosemary, and Marjoram you could combine those herbs to make your own Italian seasoning.
- Hot Sauce – Use your favorite hot sauce or if you don’t like it spicy, just leave it out.
- Worcestershire Sauce – The one and only sauce. There really is no substitution for this as I can’t think of anything that has a flavor like this. This is another ingredient that I like to always keep on hand for recipes.
- Egg – The egg helps to bind the meatballs together. If you don’t want to add an egg, you could increase the amount of milk to replace the egg.
- Milk – You can use milk or cream. This adds moisture to the meatballs.
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese – This adds so much flavor that it is a must for meatballs.
- Italian seasoned bread crumbs – You can use regular bread crumbs but I like the additional flavor that the Italian season bread crumbs provide, but either one will work well in the recipe.
- Chopped fresh parsley – This adds color and flavor to the meatballs but if you don’t have any, you could leave it out and the meatballs will still be delicious.
How To Make Baked Italian Meatballs?
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, add the ground beef, Italian Sausage, onion, garlic, Italian Seasoning, hot sauce, Worcestershire, and mix well.
Add the egg, milk, parmesan cheese, and Italian Seasoned breadcrumb, and chopped fresh parsley and combine until well blended.
Take about 1 Tablespoon of the meat mixture and roll into meatballs.
Place the meatballs on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
How Long Do You Cook Baked Italian Meatballs?
Bake these meatballs in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven.
What To Serve with Baked Meatballs?
Top with your favorite marinara sauce and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Serve with pasta, such as spaghetti, or for a lower carb option, serve with a salad, such as a spinach salad with carrots.
Can I Make These Baked Italian Meatballs Low Carb?
Yes! Instead of adding bread crumbs, add almond meal instead. To make a low carb meal, you could serve these meatballs with a salad or with spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles.
How Else Can I Serve These Baked Italian Meatballs?
- Meatball Subs – Add these meatballs to a french load, add marinara and cheese and enjoy a hearty meal.
- Spaghetti and Meatballs – enjoy the traditional meatballs and spaghetti.
- Baked Ziti with Meatballs – Make my Baked Ziti recipe and add these meatballs to it for the main dish that is to die for!
Be sure and make these Baked Italian Meatballs and see for yourself! They will put a smile on your face, and you will have a full belly because this Baked Meatball recipe makes incredibly moist and delicious meatballs!
Let me know how you served these Baked Italian Meatballs.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Baked Italian Meatballs
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef, Italian Sausage, onion, garlic, Italian Seasoning, hot sauce, Worcestershire, and mix well.
- Add the egg, milk, parmesan cheese, and Italian Seasoned breadcrumb, and chopped fresh parsley and combine until well blended.
- Take about 1 Tablespoon of the meat mixture and roll into meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake these meatballs in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite sauce.