Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are little meatballs bursting with Italian Chicken Parmesan flavor. They make a delicious appetizer or the main course of your dinner.
These Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are delicious stand-alone or in a submarine sandwich. If you love the flavor of my Best Chicken Parmesan, then you will love those flavors in meatball form.
Welcome to Day #3 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20, and ending on Saturday, January 25.
For day 3 of Appetizer week, I am sharing these awesome Italian-inspired Chicken Parmesan Meatballs that can be served as a stand alone appetizer with extra marinara sauce, or in sandwiches or sliders. These little chicken parmesan meatballs have so much flavor but won’t blow your diet….but that can be a secret between you and me. Don’t tell them it is a healthier option than regular meatballs. They will love the taste and will never know that is not a diet-buster. I like to add a little crushed red pepper to give it a little kick, but you can control the level of heat by adjusting the amount of crushed red pepper. It is perfect for watching the big game or any party or get together. Be warned! You can’t eat just one. So be sure to make plenty of them because they will go fast.
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs for #Appetizer Week
- 1 lb chicken sausage removed from casings
- ¾ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1-½ teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- ½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella sliced into small thin slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Combine well but don't over mix. Roll chicken mixture into 1" meatballs and place onto baking sheet. Bake for 16-18 minutes until lightly browned.
- Spoon about one tablespoon marinara sauce over each meatball. Place a small thin slice of mozzarella on top of each meatball.
- Return to oven and cook for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Visit all the other Appetizer Week Blogs for more Appetizer and Snack Time Deliciousness:
- Meatball Bites by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Gluten Free Onion Butter Pretzels by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Crawfish Dip by Call Me PMc
- Low-Carb Shrimp Guacamole by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders by Cooking in Stilettos
- Sun-dried Tomato Dip by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sriracha Butternut Hummus by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Margherita Pizza Sticks by Makobi Scribe
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs by Flavor Mosaic
- Feta-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes with Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Cayenne Crackers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Manchego and Roasted Pepper Stuffed Mushrooms by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Restaurant-Style Chipotle Salsa by Home Cooking Memories
- Mango Jalapeno Sausage Rolls by Food Done Light
- Ham & Cheese Mini Cracker Sandwiches by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Spicy Cheese Rounds by Try Anything Once Culinary
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.
These sound delicious. Did you ever make them with just ground chicken or turkey?
I bring little cucumber sandwiches to family parties. My mother made them when I was little, and then stopped. Many years went by, and I remembered them. I whipped together a batch, and everyone attacked! Now I make them regularly, and they never last more than a few minutes.
Darlene Wright says
Cathy French says
we like to have party trays of cheese, crackers, olives, cheese dips w/crackers and tortilla chips while also having a pot luck so every one brings their signature dish lately ours has been meatballs
I’m going to have to go with Cuban Minis. These meatballs looks amazing!
Beckie Green Bergeron says
I love making Mexican bean dip with tortilla chips.
Not So Simple Syrup sounds interesting. I have to check them out. Everything looks wonderful….drooling.
I love to make shrimp and pancetta!
Carrie C. says
Those chicken parm meatballs look so yummy!
Thanks Carrie! Yes. They are!
Matthew Horbund - mmwine says
I like the use of chicken sausage. It adds a little spice and flavor to the mix.
Thanks Matthew! Yes. I like using the chicken sausage to add extra flavor.
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says
My kiddos love meatballs – I know they would love these 🙂 Thanks for linking up to Freedom Fridays – we’re featuring you at this week’s party! It goes live tonight at 8:30 pm EST! Stop by and grab a button if you would like one – and we can’t wait to see what you share this week!
Hi Jamie, Thank you so much for featuring my recipe! That is awesome! And thanks for having a wonderful Link Party. I will stop by and grab a button. Thank you!
Evelyn @ My Turn for us says
I am totally drooling over these babies!!! Thanks for sharing and being one of our great features at Freedom Fridays With All My Bloggy Friends!!
Pinned and Shared!!
Thanks for featuring this post on the Freedom Fridays With All My Bloggy Friends! That generated a ton of traffic for this post! I will be a regular at your link party.
These look absolutely amazing!! Our party just went live, I’d love for you to share them with us at Sewlicious Home Decor! 🙂 http://sewlicioushomedecor.com/saturday-showlicious-craft-recipe-showcase/
These look delicious! Thanks for sharing.