These Spaghetti and Meatball Sliders are perfect for watching the big game on game day: Super Bowl, March Madness, Baseball, or your kid’s big soccer game!
Whatever your favorite sport, you’ll need delicious game day food, and spaghetti and meatball sliders will make both the kids and adults very happy!
You may have seen the viral sensation TikTok video version of the spaghetti and meatball slider recipe on TikTok.
This is a slightly different version but has the same wonderful flavors. Whether you have these easy pull-apart spaghetti and meatball sliders as an appetizer or as an easy dinner recipe, everyone will love it. These sliders remind me of mini meatball subs with spaghetti.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love These Sliders
Juicy Meatballs – You can use frozen meatballs or make homemade meatballs.
Spaghetti Sauce – I used a store-bought jarred marinara sauce, but you could make your own spaghetti sauce if you like.
Hawaiian Rolls – sweet, soft, fluffy Hawaiian rolls act as slider buns, or you could use other dinner rolls instead.
Garlic Butter Sauce – is poured over the top of the slider buns and is so good that it makes the slider rolls taste like garlic bread!
Messy – While these spaghetti and meatball sliders may be messy, they are delicious and fun to eat. Just keep plenty of napkins on hand!
Simple Ingredients – Ingredients that you may already have on hand or can easily find at most local grocery stores.
Below, I discuss the ingredients and possible substitutions if you don’t have a specific ingredient. However, if you are looking for the specific measurements of each ingredient, scroll down to the bottom of this article, just above the comments, for the printable recipe card, which includes all the ingredients and the specific amounts of each one.
Ground Beef – You could use 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 ground pork if you like.
Italian Breadcrumbs – You could use plain breadcrumbs instead.
Parmesan Cheese – I like freshly grated parmesan cheese for the best flavor.
Egg – You’ll need one large egg.
Beefy Onion Soup Mix – This adds great flavor to the meatballs.
Garlic Powder – I recommend using garlic powder, not garlic salt, as the onion soup mix will add plenty of salt.
Dried Oregano or Italian Seasoning
Black Pepper – I like to use freshly ground pepper.
Shredded Mozzarella – You could also use sliced provolone cheese instead. Cut the sliced provolone into a smaller size to fit on the slider.
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Spaghetti Noodles – You can use leftover cooked spaghetti.
Marinara Sauce – You can make homemade marinara sauce or use store-bought.
How To Make Spaghetti & Meatball Sliders
Make The Meatballs
In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, parmesan, egg, onion soup mix, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper until well combined, do not overmix. I like to use my hands for this step.
Divide the mixture into 12 portions and roll into balls. Place the raw meatballs on the prepared sheet tray, not touching.
Bake the meatballs for 10-15 minutes until an internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Make The Spaghetti
Cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package, and drain.
Place the cooked noodles into a large bowl with the marinara sauce and parmesan cheese; stir to combine.
Assemble The Sliders
Slice the rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottom buns, cut side up, into the prepared baking dish.
Add the spaghetti on top of the rolls.
Place one meatball onto each slider.
Add the mozzarella on top of the meatballs.
Place the top half of the Hawaiian rolls on top of the cheese-covered meatballs.
Make The Garlic Butter Sauce Topping
In a small bowl, stir together the butter, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Brush the melted butter garlic sauce all over the tops of the rolls; use it all!
Cover with nonstick foil or spray a large piece of foil with nonstick spray and cover the sliders, making sure the oil doesn’t touch the tops.
Bake for 20 minutes, remove the foil, and bake for another 4-5 minutes or until the tops of the rolls are browned.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
Meatballs – If you don’t want to make meatballs from scratch, you can cook frozen meatballs as a shortcut. You can also pre-cook the meatballs a day ahead of time.
Mozzarella Cheese – You can buy pre-shredded mozzarella cheese. However, I like to buy a ball of Mozzarella cheese and shred it myself for the best taste and texture.
Spicy Marinara Sauce – To give the marinara sauce a bit of a spicy kick, which basically turns it into an arrabbiata sauce, add a few red pepper flakes to the marinara sauce.
What To Serve With Italian Sliders
Store the leftover meatball sliders in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, if you have not assembled the sliders, it is best that you refrigerate the spaghetti and meatballs separately from the Hawaiian roll slider buns.
Yes! Place the sliders in a freezer-safe, airtight container or bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Yes! I recommend making the spaghetti and meatballs the night before and assembling them, but do not make the garlic butter sauce topping. Refrigerate overnight, make the garlic butter sauce, pour over the top, and bake per instructions.
The affiliate links below will allow you to see the product on Amazon.com. If you purchase one of the items, I will receive a very small commission on the product, which does not increase the price.
- Pizza Sliders
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Meatball Biscuit Sliders
- Reuben Sliders
- Ham and Swiss Sliders
For more Slider recipe ideas, check out these Top 25 Game Day Sliders Recipes!
Be sure to make these Spaghetti and Meatball Sliders, leave a comment, and let me know how you like them!
Spaghetti and Meatball Sliders
For the meatballs:
For the sliders:
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles cooked al dente and drained
- 1 cup jarred marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 pack Hawaiian rolls
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
Make The Meatballs
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, parmesan, egg, onion soup mix, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper until well combined, do not overmix.1/2 pound lean ground beef, 2 tablespoons Italian bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, 1 large egg, 1/2 envelope beefy onion soup mix, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Divide the mixture into 12 portions and roll into balls. Place on the prepared sheet tray. Allow room between each meatball so they don't tough.
- Bake the meatballs for 10-15 minutes or until an internal temperature of the meatballs reaches 165°F.
Make The Spaghetti
- While the meatballs are baking, cook the spaghetti per the package directions.8 ounces spaghetti noodles, 1 cup jarred marinara sauce, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place the cooked noodles into a large bowl with the marinara sauce and parmesan cheese, stir to combine.
Assemble The Sliders
- Slice the rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottom, cut side up into the prepared baking dish.12 pack Hawaiian rolls
- Add the spaghetti on top of the rolls.
- Place one meatball onto each slider.
- Add the mozzarella on top of the meatballs.2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Top with the top of the rolls.
Make The Garlic Butter Sauce
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Brush this all over the tops of the rolls, use it all!1/2 cup salted butter, 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Cover with nonstick foil or spray a large piece of foil with nonstick spray and cover the sliders, make sure the oil doesnt touch the tops.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove the foil, and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes or until the tops of the rolls are browned.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.