These hot Ham and Swiss Sliders, made with sliced ham, Swiss Cheese, and Hawaiian rolls, smothered with a garlic Dijon butter sauce, are a perfect game-day or party appetizer.
Who doesn’t love a hot ham sandwich with melted swiss cheese? What makes these sliders better is the garlic Dijon butter sauce that melts into the top of these sliders.
Table of Contents
HAM AND SWISS SLIDERS
Cheesy and buttery, these Ham and Cheese Sliders are mini sandwiches that use Hawaiian Rolls (or soft dinner rolls) instead of sandwich bread and make awesome savory appetizers. Like my other sliders, they are small yet hearty and flavorful.
Most ham and cheese sliders have a poppyseed topping on them. However, I don’t know about you, but I rarely have poppy seeds in my pantry. Instead of poppy seeds, this butter sauce uses minced garlic, Dijon mustard, and Italian seasoning top these sliders.
Serve these hot Ham and Cheese Sliders any time you want to feed a crowd for a party, any party. They are perfect for game day, such as a Super Bowl party or for holiday entertaining.
These hearty sliders are easy to make and can be made ahead of time and popped in the oven just before serving.
How To Make Ham and Swiss Sliders
- Slice Hawaiian Rolls or soft dinner rolls in half.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls on the bottom of a baking dish, cut side up.
- Then layer slices of ham on top of the bread. (Scroll down below for the printable recipe with the specific ingredient amounts.)
- Add slices of Swiss Cheese on top of the ham slices.
- Place the top half of the rolls on top of the cheese.
How To Make the Garlic Dijon Butter Sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, minced garlic, Italian Seasoning, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire. (Scroll down to the printable recipe for the ingredient amounts.)
- Then brush the Garlic Dijon Butter Sauce on top of the sliders before baking them in the oven.
How Long Do I Bake Ham and Swiss Sliders?
- Then bake in a 350 degree F preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- When they come out of the oven, the sauce has melted into the tops of the sliders and the Swiss cheese has melted over the savory ham, and they look and smell delicious.
- Slice the sliders and serve them while hot! Love that melty cheese and buttery sauce.
What To Serve With Ham And Swiss Sliders
- Best Classic Macaroni Salad – This cool, creamy Classic Macaroni Salad base recipe, can be easily customized with ham and colorful vegetables, and will be the most popular side dish at your summer BBQ or picnic!
- Ramen Noodle Salad – This make-ahead coleslaw, made with broccoli slaw and ramen noodles, is perfect for a side dish for a potluck, bbq, or picnic.
- Green Bean Potato Salad – This easy gluten-free green Bean Potato Salad, with a sun-dried tomato pesto sauce, makes an outstanding side dish to take to a summer picnic or potluck because it has no mayo and only 5 ingredients.
Whether you are serving these sliders for after-school snackers, holiday party appetizers, or for tailgating parties or a Super Bowl party, these Ham and Swiss Sliders with a Garlic Dijon Butter Sauce are sure to be a hit.
More Slider Recipes
- Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders – Hawaiian Rolls topped with your breakfast favorites, including eggs, ham, bacon, and cheddar!
- Reuben Sliders – Hawaiian Rolls with corned beef, sauerkraut, and Russian (or Thousand Island) dressing!
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders – Hawaiian Rolls topped with chicken nuggets, spaghetti sauce, and mozzarella for your favorite Italian dinner turned slider!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow Flavor Mosaic on:
Ham and Swiss Sliders
Ham and Swiss Sliders
- 12 each soft white dinner rolls (Hawaiian rolls)
- 6 large slices ham (Enough to cover all of the rolls)
- 8 slices swiss cheese (Enough to cover all of the rolls)
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13″x9″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice the rolls in half horizontally. (Keep the rolls connected together.) Place the bottom half of the rolls into the bottom of a prepared baking dish.
- Layer the slices of ham evenly over the top of the bottom halves of the rolls.
- Layer the slices of Swiss cheese on top of the ham.
- Place the top half of the rolls over the cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, minced garlic, Italian Seasoning, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire.
- Brush the butter sauce over the top of the rolls in the pan. Cover the pan with foil.
- Bake the sliders in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 3 or 4 minutes just until the tops are golden brown.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out these Turkey Sliders with Cranberry Sriracha Sauce!