Cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta combines lots of my favorite flavors, such as bacon and ranch, into a creamy, cheesy, comforting chicken and pasta baked casserole.
This Cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta is a budget friendly, family friendly, and delicious recipe. It is also an excellent way to use leftover chicken and leftover bacon (Is there ever any leftover bacon?), and feed a crowd.
Serve it with a salad and breadsticks and you have a complete meal. Almost a complete meal….unless you want to add a glass of wine with that. You can’t go wrong with this pasta.
It is always a crowd-pleaser because well because, first of all, it is pasta! People love pasta, especially if it has cheese and bacon. When I told my husband I had fixed a chicken and pasta casserole, he was a little hesitant…that is until he saw it and tasted it. Then he said it tasted fantastic and asked me to make it again.
Take this to your next party, get together, or potluck and everyone will be the hit of the party.
Thanks for visiting Flavor Mosaic! If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox. Don’t forget to stay in touch by following Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.
- 1 (12 ounce) box penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ package ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
- ½ cup parmesan, shredded
- 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse and drain. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper, if desired. Add the flour and stir in with the butter. Add the heavy cream and chicken broth and continue stirring until thickened. Stir in half a package of the ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Place pasta in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Top with chicken, bacon, and peas. Pour sauce over the top. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
If you love this recipe, try my popular Pumpkin Praline Bread Pudding!
If you like this recipe, you may also like Chicken Tetrazzini with Asiago Cream Sauce.
If you like this recipe, you love my Five-Cheese, Fifteen-Minute Mac ‘n’ Cheese.
If you like this recipe, try my Bacon Pasta Salad Primavera recipe.
Another pasta recipe you might like is my Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad.
And who doesn’t love Baked Ziti.
While you are here, don’t miss my Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells.