This Cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta is a budget-friendly, family-friendly, and delicious recipe. It is also an excellent way to use leftover chicken and leftover bacon (Is there ever any leftover bacon?), and feed a crowd.
What’s not to love? It has all of our favorite flavors including bacon and ranch and chicken all combined with cheesy pasta! Gotta have the cheese!
Serve it with a salad and breadsticks and you have a complete meal. Almost a complete meal….unless you want to add a glass of wine with that. You can’t go wrong with this pasta.
It is always a crowd-pleaser because well because, first of all, it is pasta! People love pasta, especially if it has cheese and bacon. When I told my husband I had fixed a chicken and pasta casserole, he was a little hesitant, that is until he saw it and tasted it. Then he said it tasted fantastic and asked me to make it again.
I used penne pasta, but you could use any pasta you have in your pantry.
Take this to your next party, get together, or potluck and you will be the hit of the party. Or just make it for your next weeknight supper or Sunday supper for your family and they will love it.
Be sure to try and swing back by to leave a comment to let me know how you liked it!
If you like this, check out my Cheesy Bacon Ranch Hash Brown Casserole too!
Thanks for visiting Flavor Mosaic! If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox. Don’t forget to stay in touch by following Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.
Cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta combines chicken, bacon, and ranch, into a creamy, cheesy, comforting chicken and pasta baked casserole.
- 1 12 ounce box penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 package ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup parmesan shredded
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 12 ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse and drain. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper, if desired. Add the flour and stir in with the butter. Add the heavy cream and chicken broth and continue stirring until thickened. Stir in half a package of the ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Place pasta in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Top with chicken, bacon, and peas. Pour sauce over the top. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Shredded rotisserie chicken works well in this recipe.
If you love this recipe, try my popular Pumpkin Praline Bread Pudding!
If you like this recipe, you may also like Chicken Tetrazzini with Asiago Cream Sauce.
If you like this recipe, you love my Five-Cheese, Fifteen-Minute Mac ‘n’ Cheese.
If you like this recipe, try my Bacon Pasta Salad Primavera recipe.
Another pasta recipe you might like is my Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad.
And who doesn’t love Baked Ziti.
While you are here, don’t miss my Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells.