Bacon Pasta Salad Primavera is an easy summer pasta salad with only 5 ingredients but plenty of bacon and a variety of Italian spring vegetables like you see in a pasta primavera dish.
This Bacon Pasta Salad Primavera is best made ahead of time. This makes it perfect for Memorial Day or July 4th or your favorite backyard barbecue or cookout. It is also good for potlucks, and any gathering.
Why spend lots of time heating up the oven, cooking up something for one of your Summer cookouts. Just bring this easy, peasy Bacon Pasta Salad Primavera and let people think you spent hours and hours chopping vegetables. They don’t need to know how easy this pasta salad is.
Yes. I’m lazy. I want my food to taste good but I don’t want to spend hours of my time in the kitchen. So I like using these Bird’s Eye Recipe Ready frozen vegetables because they have a variety of vegetables and they taste delicious. Instead of microwaving these, I sauté them in a skillet on top of the stove for only a few minutes.
Now it is your turn to make this quick and easy Bacon Pasta Salad primavera for your next barbecue, cookout, potluck, or gathering.
By the way this is not a sponsored post. I just like the Bird’s Eye Recipe Ready vegetables.
- 1 16 ounce package of rotini pasta (or any shaped pasta)
- 6 slices of cooked bacon chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables like Bird's Eye Recipe Ready Primavera Blend
- 1 bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet add 1 teaspoon olive oil and empty the package of Recipe Ready vegetables into the skillet. Stir the vegetables and saute until the vegetables are heated through and softened.
- Add the sautéed vegetables, and bacon to the pasta and stir until evenly combined.
- Pour the dressing on the pasta and stir. Add cheese if desired.
This recipe was adapted from AllRecipes Simple Pasta Salad.
If you like this recipe, try my Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad.
You may also like my Antipasto Pasta Salad.
If you are looking for a green salad, try my Apple Walnut Cranberry Salad.
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.