Bacon Pasta Salad Primavera is an easy summer pasta salad with only 5 ingredients but plenty of bacon and a variety of Italian spring vegetables like you see in a pasta primavera dish.
This Bacon Pasta Salad Primavera is best made ahead of time. This makes it perfect for Memorial Day or July 4th or your favorite backyard barbecue or cookout. It is also good for potlucks, and any gathering.
Why spend lots of time heating up the oven, cooking up something for one of your Summer cookouts. Just bring this easy, peasy Bacon Pasta Salad Primavera and let people think you spent hours and hours chopping vegetables. They don’t need to know how easy this pasta salad is.
Yes. I’m lazy. I want my food to taste good but I don’t want to spend hours of my time in the kitchen. So I like using these Bird’s Eye Recipe Ready frozen vegetables because they have a variety of vegetables and they taste delicious. Instead of microwaving these, I sauté them in a skillet on top of the stove for only a few minutes.
Now it is your turn to make this quick and easy Bacon Pasta Salad primavera for your next barbecue, cookout, potluck, or gathering.
By the way this is not a sponsored post. I just like the Bird’s Eye Recipe Ready vegetables.
Bacon Pasta Salad Primavera
- 1 16-ounce package rotini pasta (or any shaped pasta)
- 6 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables (like Bird's Eye Recipe Ready Primavera Blend)
- 1 bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet add 1 teaspoon olive oil and empty the package of Recipe Ready vegetables into the skillet. Stir the vegetables and saute until the vegetables are heated through and softened.
- Add the sautéed vegetables, and bacon to the pasta and stir until evenly combined.
- Pour the dressing on the pasta and stir. Add cheese if desired.
This recipe was adapted from AllRecipes Simple Pasta Salad.
If you like this recipe, try my Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad.
You may also like my Antipasto Pasta Salad.
If you are looking for a green salad, try my Apple Walnut Cranberry Salad.
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.
This looks delicious! That first photo makes me wish I had some to dig into for lunch today! I love summer pasta salads 🙂
Debi @ Life Currents says
I bet this would be super popular at a potluck! And, I love the green beans in it. So yummy!
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads says
This looks wonderful! I love salads!
Love easy and delish! Looks great! and your pictures are stunning!
Marissa @ Life is Fantasmic says
YUM!!! Pinned! I’d love for you to share this at my Saturday Dishes Link Party this weekend! It’s a themed link up & this week’s theme is Memorial Day & Grilling! Feel free to share other old or new posts that fit the theme as well if you have them! (:
Kathy Penney @ Penney Lane Kitchen says
What a great side for this cookout weekend! Love the pretty colors. And love the name of your blog. Stopping by from Show Stoppers.
Hi Thanks for stopping by, and thank you for the great link party!