Jalapeño Popper Pasta Salad is my contribution to a Summer Salad Recipe Round up with several fantastic bloggers to celebrate May as Salad month.
This Jalapeño Popper Pasta Salad is perfect for a barbecue, picnic, or pot luck…..spicy, creamy, crispy, and crunchy.
This pasta salad includes jalapeños, and bacon just as in a jalapeño popper appetizer, providing a bit of a kick to the usual summer pasta salad.
Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces dried penne pasta
- ½ cup mayonnaise I use light mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream I use light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 to 3 jalapeños seeded and chopped (or 1 can chopped jalapeños)
- 1 cup of Mexican Blend cheese shredded
- 6 slices center cut bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup of crushed Ritz crackers
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Run cold water over pasta to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, and pepper together.
- Stir pasta, jalapeños and bacon into the mayonnaise dressing until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle crackers over the pasta salad before serving.
In honor of Salad month, here is our full list of Salad recipes. I’m not sure which one I want to try first! They all look wonderful. Please visit these wonderful blogs, and pin and share your favorites.
1. Tzatziki Pasta Salad from Life Tastes Good
2. Zesty Bread Salad with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette from The Cookie Rookie
3. Honey Dijon Spinach Salad from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
4. Berry Delicious Fruit Salad from Dizzy Busy and Hungry
5. Orecchiette Greek Pasta Salad from Recipes, Food and Cooking
6. Bacon Ranch Potato Salad from Num’s the Word
7. Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad from Flavor Mosaic
8. Super Salad from Memories By the Mile
9. BLT Chopped Salad from Food Storage Moms
10. Mexican Lime Quinoa Salad from Hot Eats and Cool Reads
You may also like my Antipasto Pasta Salad.
Another pasta salad you may like if my Bacon Pasta Salad Primavera.
If you are looking for a green salad, try my Apple Walnut Cranberry Salad.
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.
Renee's Kitchen Adventures says
This sounds like something my family would really love. We are big fans of jalapeno poppers! I love that you found a way to use up some of those ritz crackers too! haha
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says
Perfect for summer!
Marion@Life Tastes Good says
Love this! We love your Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Popper Pizza, so I can’t wait to try this!! I still have Ritz Crackers, so this would be a great way to use some of those up!! Pinning!!
Erica (@Erica's Recipes) says
Oh my gosh I just salad died this looks AMAZING!
Erica (@Erica's Recipes) says
lol I typed so fast I didn’t see my flub on the word order – but you know what I meant 🙂
LOL Erica! I know what you meant! Thanks for the compliment. You have some amazing recipes too!
My Recipe Journey says
What a great idea! I’ll have to try this! Thanks! Pinning! =D
Food and health says
Great pasta salad