Cheesy Chicken Skillet Pasta is a creamy, cheesy 30-minute skillet dinner with shredded chicken, penne pasta, fresh asparagus, and chopped tomatoes, bell peppers and onions that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight supper.
Can I just say I love skillet dinners! Not just love, but LOVE LOVE LOVE! They are easy, delicious, and allow me to have a complete dinner on the table in 30-minutes, which is exactly what I need after a 1-1/2 hour commute home.
Skillet dinners are also budget friendly because they are a perfect way to use leftovers, such as leftover rotisserie chicken.
And one of the best things is that I have a complete meal in one pan, which saves time on cleaning up so you can get on to more important things like watching The Big Bang Theory.
Let’s talk more about this recipe. By combining cooked chicken with penne pasta, and vegetables such as blanched asparagus, chopped tomatoes, green peppers, and onions in a creamy sauce of cream cheese, milk and cheese, you can have a delicious meal in no time.
I love this dish because it is so flexible. If you don’t have penne pasta, use the pasta you have on hand, such as rotini or macaroni. If you don’t have asparagus, use broccoli or green beans. Any of which will work for a quick meal.
Time Saving Tip: Pre-chop your vegetables. I recommend doing this right after you bring them home from the store. Then they are ready for a quick weeknight dinner.
Which weeknight will you make this Cheesy Chicken Skillet Pasta dish?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened, and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add the asparagus to a medium pot of boiling water, and cook for about 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking In a large skillet, over medium heat, add oil. When oil is hot, add the shredded chicken, Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Add chopped onions and bell peppers, Stir in tomatoes.
- Add cream cheese, and stir until melted. Pour in milk and stir until the sauce is creamy.
- Stir in the asparagus and cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and stir to combine and melt cheese.
- Serve hot.