Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells combine the spicy flavor of buffalo chicken wings and the creamy, cheesy goodness of melted mozzarella, and salty blue cheese all stuffed into cute convenient pasta shells. It is almost like someone stuffed buffalo wings into the pasta shells but without the bones! LOL!
This was our dinner tonight. Hubby said it was fantastic. Like me, he rated it 5 out of 5 stars, and definitely wanted me to make it again. Phew! It is always a challenge to figure out a new way to fix a chicken dinner, and this was a winner, and will be repeated!
It is also a great way to use leftover cooked chicken breast. Shredded rotisserie chicken would work great in this recipe. Just mix up ricotta cheese, mozzarella, and blue cheese in a large bowl. Add a packet of ranch dressing and seasoning mix. Add about 1/3 cup of buffalo wing sauce such as Frank’s Original Buffalo Wing Sauce. You will have to adjust the amount depending on how spicy you like it. Mix in a beaten egg. Then stir in your cooked chicken breast.
Stuff a spoonful of the buffalo chicken ricotta mixture into each pasta shell and line them up in a casserole dish. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella and blue cheese over the top of the shells. Then drizzle buffalo wing sauce over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees in a preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. Then sprinkle some chopped green onions over the top and enjoy!!
- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (15 ounce) package of ricotta cheese
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 packet of Ranch Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- ⅓ cup hot sauce, such as Frank's Original Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 pound shredded cooked chicken breast
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta shells according to package directions but take them out 1 minute before they are finished. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- While the pasta shells are boiling, in a large bowl combine the ricotta, blue cheese, mozzarella, green onion, ranch dressing seasoning mix, buffalo wing sauce and egg. Add the cooked chopped chicken and stir to combine evenly.
- Fill each shell with a tablespoonful of the chicken and ricotta mixture and place each in the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle additional mozzarella, blue cheese, and buffalo wing sauce over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Top with additional chopped green onions. Serve hot with extra buffalo wing sauce.
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.