This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Butterball Every Day for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
Mr. Flavor Mosaic is so excited that football season is starting again. We love to get together with family and friends to watch the games on the big screen TV on the weekends.
One of the appetizers we usually have that he loves is my Bacon Jalapeño Popper Cheesy Bread. However, while it tastes fantastic, it is full of fat. So to keep the taste but lower the fat, I switched from regular bacon to Butterball Turkey Bacon, which is much leaner than regular bacon. I didn’t tell him I made the switch. So what happened? Nothing! He didn’t even notice. He said it tasted fantastic, and went for seconds.
This was a definite win-win situation. Mr. Flavor Mosaic gets the Bacon Jalapeno Popper Cheesy Bread, which he loves to eat for the football parties, and I can feel better about the food I am serving my family.
Another reason I love this recipe is that it is so easy to make. Just spread Neufchatel cheese on the bread. Sprinkle chopped Butterball Turkey Bacon and chopped jalapenos over it. Next sprinkle shredded cheese on top and then bake. Super easy!
Swing by Butterball coupons for coupons and then visit Butterball recipes for ideas and inspiration for more Butterball Turkey Bacon recipes.
For which occasion will you serve Bacon Jalapeño Cheesy Bread?
Bacon Jalapeño Popper Cheesy Bread
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese softened (1 block)
- 8 slices Butterball Turkey Bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped or sliced jalapeños
- 2 cups shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Spread the Neufachetel cheese on each half of the bread.
- Spread the chopped Butterball Turkey Bacon and the chopped jalapeños evenly over the two halves of bread.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top of the two halves of bread.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven. Turn oven to broil for 1-2 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven. Place on a cutting board and slice bread as desired. Serve and enjoy!
Valerie | From Valerie's Kitchen says
Oh man, we love a good cheesy bread appetizer around here. This looks amazing, Michele!
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads says
Such a great idea for cheesy bread toppings! This looks like a must try!
Yes. We love bacon and jalapeños around here.
Cheese, cheese, bacon and jalapenos – all my favorite things – yum! and I love that you used turkey bacon!
Ok, you know you had me on this one didn’t you? I can’t resist anything with cheese, bacon and jalapenos! Love it!
Cheese bacon and jalapenos make everything better.
KC the Kitchen Chopper says
Hi Michelle. I’m sure football foodies will be very happy with your Bacon Jalapeño Popper Cheesy Bread! Go Broncos~! 🙂 Pinned! I’m hoping to see this at #theWeekendSocial. We start Thursday 9:00 PM EST through Sunday 9:00 PM EST. http://www.theKitchenChopper.com
These football foodies are certainly happy to see it! Go Texans!