Mr. Flavor Mosaic is so excited that football season is starting again. We love to get together with family and friends to watch the games on the big screen TV on the weekends.
One of the appetizers we usually have that he loves is my Bacon Jalapeño Popper Cheesy Bread. However, while it tastes fantastic, it is full of fat. So to keep the taste but lower the fat, I switched from regular bacon to Butterball Turkey Bacon, which is much leaner than regular bacon. I didn’t tell him I made the switch. So what happened? Nothing! He didn’t even notice. He said it tasted fantastic, and went for seconds.
This was a definite win-win situation. Mr. Flavor Mosaic gets the Bacon Jalapeno Popper Cheesy Bread, which he loves to eat for the football parties, and I can feel better about the food I am serving my family.
Another reason I love this recipe is that it is so easy to make. Just spread Neufchatel cheese on the bread. Sprinkle chopped Butterball Turkey Bacon and chopped jalapenos over it. Next sprinkle shredded cheese on top and then bake. Super easy!
For which occasion will you serve Bacon Jalapeño Cheesy Bread?
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- 8 ounces 1 block Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 8 slices Butterball Turkey Bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 4-ounce can chopped jalapeños
- 2 cups shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Spread the Neufachetel cheese on each half of the bread.
- Spread the chopped Butterball Turkey Bacon and the chopped jalapeños evenly over the two halves of bread.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top of the two halves of bread.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven. Turn oven to broil for 1-2 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven. Place on a cutting board and slice bread as desired. Serve and enjoy!