Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Croquettes have soft and creamy Ranch flavored mashed potatoes on the inside and a crispy crust covered with spicy Buffalo Wing sauce on the outside and make an awesome side dish or appetizer for the holidays or any time of year!
Mashed potatoes are a traditional side dish that is expected at our Thanksgiving table. It would not be a holiday at our house without mashed potatoes. There might even be a mutiny if there were no mashed potatoes on the table.
While my extended family loves tradition and their mashed potatoes, I love to add a new twist to holiday dishes and see if I can start a new tradition. While I love traditional mashed potatoes, I also love big, bold flavors. That is the reason I love these new Idaho Spuds Creamy Ranch Mashed Potatoes. They add a delicious ranch flavor to mashed potatoes and save time as well. These Idaho Spuds Mashed Potatoes can ready in only 4 minutes! With five down right delicious flavors, including Roasted Garlic, Country Buttered, Supreme Baked, 3 Cheese, and Creamy Ranch, you are certain to find one you love.
In these Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Croquettes, I added big, bold flavors to traditional potatoes. First I started with the Idaho Spuds Creamy Ranch Mashed Potatoes and added crumbled blue cheese and made potato croquettes. But I did not stop there. I needed to add more big, bold flavors! So I coated these babies in Buffalo Wing Sauce! Yum! I love these because not only are they delicious with a spicy kick, they are versatile. They can be served as an appetizer or side dish.
Why not try these Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Croquettes at your house and start your own holiday tradition. Then after you go home for the holidays then go to ours to recover. What does that mean? That means you can enter the ‘Home for the Holidays’ contest to win a luxury getaway to Shore Lodge on beautiful Payette Lake in McCall, Idaho! How exciting is that?!
Then be sure to go to the store to buy some Idaho Spuds Creamy Ranch Mashed Potatoes to make these Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Croquettes!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
- 1 (3.74 ounces) package Idaho Spuds Creamy Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 eggs, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- ½ cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing for Dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then place a baking rack on the lined baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the contents of the Idaho Spuds Creamy Ranch Mashed Potatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, blue cheese, 1 egg, 1 cup flour, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1 egg and milk. In a separate small pie plate or bowl add 1 cup flour, and in a 3rd bowl or pie plate add 1 cup panko bread crumbs.
- Using a small ice cream scoop form mashed potatoes into balls then flatten slightly.
- Place each mashed potato croquette in flour, then dip into the egg mixture, and then roll in the panko breadcrumbs.
- Place each croquette on the baking rack that is on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter and Buffalo wing sauce.
- Add each croquette into the Buffalo Wing sauce mixture and return to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes more.
- Serve with extra wing sauce and ranch or blue cheese dressing.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.