The Easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole recipe is one of the most popular dishes in the country. Why not? With it’s flaky, buttery crust and creamy, savory sauce covering diced chicken, celery, onions, potatoes, carrots, and peas, even kids love it.
One of the challenges of dinner time is finding a new way to cook chicken for dinner. We all have this dilemna, right? That is why I have so many chicken recipes. Sometimes the traditional classic dishes, like this Easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole recipe, are the best. They are popular comfort foods for a reason. They are delicious, inexpensive, and feed a crowd. Another benefit is that it makes a perfect one pot meal.
Chicken Pot Pie does not have to be difficult; and it can be made without any cream of whatever soups.
It is also a great way to use up leftover chicken (or turkey).
I often use frozen vegetables, especially on weeknights. Usually I will use frozen peas and carrots. However, this time I had frozen onions, celery, and carrots. So I used that instead of fresh this time. I believe in using whatever you have on hand.
Another shortcut I have is using a refrigerated pie crust. It is a time saver, especially on weeknights. Go ahead and make this. Your family will love it.
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups roasted shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onions chopped
- 2 small stalks celery cut crosswise 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 16 ounce package frozen peas and carrots, not thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and stir in milk.
- Add the chicken to vegetable mixture and stir until evenly distributed. Add salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and thyme..
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes or until pie shell is cooked and golden brown.
For dessert, try my Pumpkin Praline Bread Pudding.
For another one pot chicken dinner try my Baked Chicken Creole.
For another comfort food dish, try my Juicy Pot Roast with Italian and Ranch Dressing.
For an easy slow cooker meal try my Zesty Ranch Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas.
For a side of biscuits to go with dinner try these Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits.