Broccoli Salad is a perfect cold summer salad when trying to beat the summer heat by chillin’ at a backyard barbecue, picnic, or potluck.
The theme for this week’s #SundaySupper event, hosted by Alaiyo of Pescetarian Journal, is Summer Chillin’, which means we are sharing recipes for food served cold to beat the summer heat.
For this Summer Chillin’ event, I’m sharing one of my Broccoli Salad recipes. Even if you are not a broccoli fan, you will love this salad. It is slightly sweet, crunchy, and delicious. It combines broccoli, bacon, cheese, dried cranberries, and walnuts in a slightly sweet tangy mayonnaise and greek yogurt sauce.
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
- 8 slices bacon cooked and drained
- 2 heads broccoli chopped
- 1/2 large red onion chopped
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, bacon and onion.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the mayonnaise, greek yogurt, red wine vinegar, sugar. Combine dressing with salad.
- Stir in cheese, dried cranberries, and walnuts.
- Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.