Tex-Mex Mini Meatloaves are delicious, quick and easy, single-serving meatloaves that you can make either on the grill or in the oven, and have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
No boring meatloaf here. These babies have an added Tex-Mex kick of taco seasoning, crushed tortilla chips, diced tomatoes and chilies, corn, and Worcestershire sauce and some Texas style barbecue sauce. With all of these ingredients, these mini meatloaves are bursting with flavor.
I love these Tex-Mex Mini Meatloaves because they cook so quickly and with no mess!
Unlike traditional meatloaf, like Brown Sugar Meatloaf, which you would have to bake for an hour, or my Instant Pot Meatloaf (Philly Cheesesteak Style), which takes about an hour in the Instant Pot, these mini meatloaves bake or grill in only 20 minutes.
Why the difference? The single size servings make the difference. By splitting the meatloaf mixture into 4 mini meatloaves, you can cut the cooking time.
The reason we can grill these Tex-Mex Mini Meatloaves is because each one fits nicely into an easy to make Reynolds Wrap® foil packet. I love it because there is no mess.
It makes the after dinner clean up much faster and easier too because I can just roll up the Reynolds Wrap® foil and throw it away. The pan remains clean. That allows me to spend more time with Mr Flavor Mosaic in the evenings instead of in the kitchen washing dishes.
The best reason of all to make these Tex-Mex Mini Meatloaves is because your family will love them…and love you for making them. Mr. Flavor Mosaic raved about these, and twice told me to be sure to make these again.
The recipe for these Tex-Mex Mini Meatloaves was adapted from REYNOLDS KITCHEN – Tex Mex Meat Loaves.
Tex-Mex Mini Meatloaves
- 4 sheets 12x18-inches each Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning about 1/2 a package
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 can 15 1/4 oz. whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can 10-1/2 oz. diced tomatoes and chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 green onions chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees or your grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except 1/2 cup barbecue sauce and green onions. Shape the meat mixture into 4 mini loaves, flattening each one out slightly.
- Place one mini meat loaf in the center of each sheet of Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Foil with the non-stick (dull) side facing toward the food. Spoon the remaining barbecue sauce over the meat loaf.
- Lift up the foil on the sides. Fold the top and ends of the foil over to seal the packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat the same process to make four packets.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes on a baking sheet in oven or grill 12 to 14 minutes in a covered grill.
Serve these Tex-Mex Mini Meatloaves with my Oven Roasted Garlic Herb Parmesan Potatoes.
Another side dish that would go well with these is my Jalapeño Popper Pasta Salad.
Another grill recipe you may like is my Asian Barbecue Burgers with Sriracha Mayo.