Peach Cobbler Dump Cake, also known as Peach Dump Cake or Peach Cobbler With Cake Mix, is an easy homemade Peach dessert made with only 3 ingredients, yet is sweet and luscious and perfect for a summer bbq or picnic.
What Is Peach Cobbler Dump Cake or Peach Dump Cake?
This summer dessert is a Peach Cobbler, with a topping made from a cake mix, and in which all 3 ingredients (peaches, cake mix, and butter) are literally dumped into a 9×13 baking dish and baked. It is the easiest summer dessert you will ever make and yet it tastes delicious. It is perfect for potlucks, picnics, and summer barbecues.
What Makes This Peach Cobbler Dump Cake Recipe Work?
This Peach Cobbler Dump Cake recipe works because it is so easy, with only 3 ingredients, that it is almost foolproof. However, what also makes it work is that I include tips for a perfect Peach Cobbler Dump Cake every time, as well as step by step photos to demonstrate each step of the process.
What Type of Peaches Should I Use for Peach Cobbler?
For this quick and easy Peach Cobbler recipe, I like to use canned peaches because this is basically a shortcut recipe. If you would like to make a peach cobbler with fresh peaches be sure to make my Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler recipe.
How To Make Peach Cobbler Dump Cake Or Peach Cobbler With Cake Mix
Below are the ingredients and step by step instructions. You will be amazed at how easy this recipe is to make.
Ingredients for Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
- 2 (15-ounce) cans sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 box vanilla cake mix (unprepared)
- 1/2 cup (8 Tablespoons or 1 stick) butter, sliced very thinly (about 24 slices)
Step By Step Directions For How To Make Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
- Dump the 2 cans of sliced peaches (undrained) into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the entire box of cake mix evenly over the top of the canned peaches.
- Place thin slices of butter all over the top of the dry cake mix. Be sure to cover the entire Peach Cobbler Dump Cake.
How Long To Bake A Peach Cobbler Dump Cake?
- Bake the Peach Cobbler Dump Cake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
How To Serve Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
- Spoon the Peach Cobbler Dump Cake into individual servings.
- Top with ice cream if you like.
Tips For Making Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
- Be sure to slice the butter very thinly in order to get as many slices as possible so you can cover the entire cake. If you leave any areas uncovered with butter, then you will have unappetizing spots of dry cake mix.
- If topping with ice cream, try freezing scoops of ice cream before putting them on top of the warm Peach Cobbler. This will allow the ice to last a little longer before it completely melts into the cobbler.
What To Serve With Peach Cobbler Dump Cake For A Summer Picnic
Peach Cobbler is wonderful and can be served all year round. However, I love to serve it for potluck events or picnics. Try serving it with these other recipes for a wonderful summer picnic.
- Barbecue Chicken Kabobs – These grilled Barbecue Chicken Kabobs and vegetables are skewered, covered in a spice rub, and then brushed with a sweet, spicy, smoky, and tangy BBQ sauce that is sure to be a hit at your summer BBQ or picnic.
- Broccoli Salad – Broccoli Salad is a perfect cold summer salad when trying to beat the summer heat by chillin’ at a backyard barbecue, picnic, or potluck.
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad – This Bacon Ranch Potato Salad adds bacon and ranch to this potato salad that is made with roasted potatoes and jalapenos for a Texas twist on your favorite picnic dish!
- Lemonade Recipe – from Simple Easy Creative – Easy to make Lemonade Recipe with only 3 ingredients and no cooking involved.
- Old Fashioned Chess Pie – A sweet Southern dessert perfect for any picnic.
Does Peach Cobbler Need To Be Refrigerated?
- This peach cobbler is served as a warm dessert. If you make it ahead of time, for example, the day before, then refrigerate and reheat just before serving.
- However, for this Peach Cobbler recipe, I recommend serving it warm shortly after it comes out of the oven.
How Long Does Peach Cobbler Last?
- Not very long if you have a hungry crew. I have yet to have leftovers.
- Oh, you mean how long can you store leftover Peach Cobber (if you have any leftover)! It can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Other Desserts Made With Peaches
- Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler – made with juicy fresh peaches, is deliciously sweet, hot and bubbly, and can be made over a campfire or in your oven at home.
- Grilled Peaches – These grilled peaches are topped with yogurt and granola for a quick yet healthy breakfast or dessert.
- Peach Crumb Bars – by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures – Sweet peaches are nestled between layers of buttery shortbread type crust for a delicious treat any time of the day!
- Peach Milkshake – by Grumpy’s Honeybunch – A sweet and creamy treat that is cool and refreshing for a summer picnic.
- Peach Cream Pie – by Chocolate With Grace – a pie filled with peaches and cream and topped with a cinnamon streusel.
Other Variations of Dump Cakes
- Blueberry Dump Cake – Sweet blueberries are baked with a scrumptious cobbler topping. Top it with ice cream and a to-die-for blueberry sauce for an easy dessert that is perfect for any occasion!
- Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake – by The Typical Mom – A fruit dessert with only 4 main ingredients and you can add to it like coconut and nuts too.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dump Cake – by 4 Sons R Us – This strawberry cheesecake dump cake is an easy dessert that packs big flavors of creamy cheesecake and sweet strawberries.
If you like this recipe or make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment, rate the recipe, and follow us on:
Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
- 2 (15-ounce) cans sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 8 Tablespoons) butter (sliced into 24 very thin slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dump 2 cans of canned peaches into 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle entire contents of box of cake mix evenly over the peaches in the baking dish.
- Place very thin slices of butter on top of the cake mix to cover all of the cake mix in the dish. Leave no open areas of cake mix. If you need more butter, add more slices of butter.
- Bake in a 350 degree F preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let cool slightly. If desired, top with ice cream.