Asian BBQ Burgers with Sriracha Mayo made for a delicious dinner last night. Mr. Flavor Mosaic could probably live on burgers every night. These Asian-inspired burgers received rave reviews from the hubs. Although he thought I could have made them spicier, to me they were spiced just right.
What makes these burgers Asian burgers? Hoisin Sauce. It can be found in the international isle of most grocery stores or in a local asian market, or online here. I love Hoisin sauce. It is kind of like a chinese barbecue sauce. It is thick, slightly sweet, with additional spices. I like to combine it with Sriracha to spice it up a little resulting in a sweet and spicy flavor.
In addition to the hoisin sauce and Sriracha, I add garlic powder, ginger, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, sesame oil, and chopped green onions. Then I like to add a slice of cheese. I had colby – pepper jack slices in the fridge. But you could add any cheese you like.
When I have made them previously I liked to top the burgers with Mann’s broccoli cole slaw mix. Here is a photo of a previous time I made these and topped them with the broccoli slaw.
However, this time I dressed the burgers with Sriracha Mayonnaise. How do you make it? Simple. Just mix some Sriracha with the mayonnaise and you have Sriracha Mayonnaise. Phew! Now I am exhausted from that high level of effort and difficulty! Not! 🙂 I have to thank my fellow AllRecipes Allstar, Jan, for recommending serving the burgers with Sriracha mayonnaise. She had tried my original recipe published on AllRecipes.com.
Make these burgers and let me know how you like to dress your burger? Lettuce, tomato, cheese, sriracha mayo, slaw….the possibilities are endless.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian-style Sriracha chile-garlic sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (or adjust to taste)
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix ground beef, green onion, hoisin sauce, Sriracha sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, ginger, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Divide meat mixture into quarters; form each portion into a patty.
- Grill on the preheated grill until meat is browned and no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together the mayonnaise and the Sriracha. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the Sriracha mayonnaise on each burger bun.
- Dress the burger with your choice of toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, slaw, etc.
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.