Easy Lasagna Soup is an easy cheesy and comforting soup that tastes like lasagna in a bowl.
You are going to be so happy today! Why? Because you are going to love this comforting Easy Lasagna Soup. It does not have to simmer for hours. You do not have to dirty a dozen pans to make it. You just get to sit down and enjoy a big bowl of comforting cheesy Easy Lasagna Soup.
Granted, it does not get nearly as cold down here in Southeast Texas as it does up north. However, our winters can still get cold and rainy and chill you to the bone. OK. I’m a winter wimp to you Canooks and Yankees. When the temperature drops down to the 40’s with a cold rain, that is cold to me. In this type of weather nothing is better than a bowl of Lasagna Soup.
You think it would take a long time to prepare and cook, but I made this Easy Lasagna Soup in just 30 minutes. I was amazed at how quickly it came together and how amazing it tasted. It required no layering, no baking in the oven, just cook everything in one pot and then enjoy.
Use your favorite homemade or store-bought marinara sauce to add flavor to this soup and good quality pasta and cheeses.
Before printing out the Easy Lasagna Soup recipe below, check out these other incredible Italian inspired recipes.
If you like this recipe try some of my other Italian recipes, such as my Italiano Chicken, which is like a lasagna on top of chicken.
Or you may like these Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs.
For more soups, try my Mediterranean Vegetarian Chili.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (24 oz) marinara sauce
- 2 cups reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups lasagna noodles, broken into small pieces
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Italian blend cheese, shredded
- Boil the broken lasagna noodles per package directions.
- In a dutch oven cook the ground beef until browned and no longer pink.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes and their liquid. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the marinara sauce and beef broth.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning.
- Stir in the drained cooked pasta.
- Let the soup simmer for about 5 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before serving spoon in the ricotta cheese, and top with shredded Italian style cheese. Cover for about 3 - 5 minutes to let cheese melt.
- Serve hot.