Peppermint Kiss Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are yummy chocolatey, minty cookies that are perfect for any Christmas Cookie tray.
On the day after Thanksgiving while everyone else is at the mall shopping, I love to crank up the Christmas music and bake Christmas cookies! It is so much fun and gets me in the Christmas spirit. Since I love chocolate and peppermint, I love these cookies. They are almost like brownie cookies with a peppermint candy in the center.
Often these cookies use vegetable oil in them. However, I think they taste better when made with butter. I recommend refrigerating the batter for about an hour before baking. Then roll the refrigerated dough in the powdered sugar. Add the mint after the cookies come out of the oven or you will likely have melted mints. However, whether it is melted or not, it will still be delicious.
Will you make these Peppermint Kiss Chocolate Crinkle Cookies this year for your Cookie tray?
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
Peppermint Kiss Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 Candy Cane Striped Kisses
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Lay parchment paper flat on top of cookie sheets.
- Place the candy cane striped kisses in the freezer.
- Add the powdered sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy, roughly 3 minutes. Add 1 egg and continue beating until blended. Add the second egg and vanilla and beat until blended.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix on low only until blended. Refrigerate the cookie batter for about an hour.
- Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough. Roll the dough into a ball. Roll the ball of dough in the powdered sugar until covered. Place the balls on a prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies until they are crackled, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Remove candy cane striped kisses from the freezer. Press a single candy cane striped Kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Makes about 24 cookies.
For more Christmas cookies, try these Cranberry Orange Cookies.
Also be sure to try the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
If you like these, you will love my Mini M&M Chocolate Cookies.
Don’t miss my Easy Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Another holiday treat is my Pumpkin Eggnog Thumbprint Cookies.