Pumpkin Eggnog Thumbprint Cookies are delicious pumpkin cookies topped with a yummy eggnog frosting.
I love pumpkin! I love eggnog! So it seems natural to me to combine the two into one delicious cookie! And my Pumpkin Eggnog Thumbprint Cookies were born. Both pumpkin and eggnog represent the holidays to me. Each year I try to add a couple of new cookies to my holiday baking. This year I’m adding these yummy pumpkin thumbprint cookies with eggnog frosting.
I have a friend that makes wonderful eggnog thumbprint cookies. However, I wanted to add a twist to these and used pumpkin cookies instead of her cookie dough. The eggnog frosting does not actually have eggnog in it but tastes like eggnog. You could use rum in the frosting. However, I used rum extract with a little milk to substitute for the rum to keep the cookies family friendly.
This batch of cookies I made with the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® that has been reformulated to use only real, simple ingredients with no artificial preservatives. It is the first spread by Unilever in the U.S. to be made with non-GMO sourced ingredients. The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® is made with plant-based oils and are a source of both monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, as well as a good source of omega-3 ALA. It is now available in grocery stores nationwide as of October 2014. Visit us at www.icantbelieveitsnotbutter.com to learn more.
The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® is great for spreading on toast, topping corn on the cob, sautéing vegetables or baking a cake. As always, the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® is spreadable directly out of the refrigerator, so there’s no need to wait for it to soften! For more recipes, visit www.icantbelieveitsnotbutter.com.
These Pumpkin Eggnog Thumbprint Cookies were easy to make and tasted delicious. My taste tester, Mr. Flavor Mosaic, gave these cookies a big thumbs up, and requested that I make these for Christmas, which I will, of course.
Add these Pumpkin Eggnog Thumbprint Cookies to your holiday baking list! Your family and friends will love them.
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
Pumpkin Eggnog Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® spread
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1/2 tsp rum extract and 1 TBL Milk
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Beat together I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® spread, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add vanilla and egg and mix well. Mix in pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until dough comes together.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet. Gently flatten each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, use your thumb or the end of a wooden spoon (or similar object) to gently press an indentation into the center of the cookie. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the frosting. In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® spread, powdered sugar, and rum. Spoon teaspoonfuls of frosting into the center indentation of each cookie. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.