Mini M&M Chocolate Cookies are easy to make and fun to eat for dessert or an after school treat.
Lucky for you, Mr. Flavor Mosaic and I do love desserts and sweet treats, especially cookies. Lucky for you because often I share these recipes with you! See the sacrifices we make for you? 😉
Last week Mr. Flavor Mosaic wanted some chocolate chip cookies, but I was out of chocolate chips. However, we had these mini M&Ms. So instead of just substituting these for chips in chocolate chip cookies (which would have tasted delicious also), I opted to make these big, soft chocolate cookies and add the M&Ms to the batter.
They are very easy to make. I have to say I think I overdid it with the size of the cookies. Next time I will make smaller (regular size) cookies. I wrote up the recipe for regular size cookies instead of these monster cookies. So when you make it, don’t worry if the cookies look smaller than what you see in these photos.
Next time your kids want some cookies, make these for a fun alternative to chocolate chip cookies!
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
Mini M&M Chocolate Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the wet ingredients, and stir until everything is combined and has a cookie dough. Stir in the mini M&Ms.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place each one 2 in. apart on a baking sheets. Add additional mini M&Ms to the top of each cookie, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Want more cookie recipes? Try my Chocolate Chip Cookies.
How about these Easy Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies.
For the finale, how about these Cherry Cheesecake Brownies.
For more recipes, visit recipes from some of my favorite bloggers like this Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe from Marion at Life Tastes Good.
Or try these Mint M&M Cookie Bars from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures.
or maybe these M&M Brownies from The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch.