Mango Habanero Wings are sweet and spicy chicken wings, with a Mango Habanero glaze made with Mango Habanero Salsa and peach preserves, that are baked in the oven instead of fried. Serve these wings as an appetizer at your next party.
Mango Habanero Salsa and Peach preserves create a sweet and spicy Mango Habanero glaze to go over these Mango Habanero Wings and it is easy to make.
- Mango Habanero Wings
- What Makes This Mango Habanero Wings Recipe Work?
- What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Mango Habanero Wings?
- How Do I Make Mango Habanero Salsa?
- How Long Do I Bake Chicken Wings In The Oven?
- How Do I Make Mango Habanero Glaze?
- What To Serve With Mango Habanero Wings?
- Other Chicken Wings Recipes
- Dipping Sauces To Serve With Chicken Wings
- Mango Habanero Wings Recipe
Mango Habanero Wings
For those that follow me, you may have noticed that I have gone mango habanero crazy and made quite a few Mango Habanero recipes, such as Mango Habanero Shrimp Flatbread, Asian Lettuce Wraps with Mango Habanero Salsa, and Blackened Chicken Tacos with Mango Habanero Salsa.
We love the sweet and spicy mango habanero flavor combination and creating new recipes with it.
I also love that, unlike typical chicken wings recipes, these Mango Habanero Wings are baked in the oven instead of fried.
What Makes This Mango Habanero Wings Recipe Work?
We love the Mango Habanero Salsa because it strikes the perfect balance between sweet and spicy with its chunks of mangoes and tomatoes. It carries some heat, but it does not overwhelm the salsa. Instead, it compliments the sweetness of the mangoes.
I bought several jars previously and had to make sure Mr. Flavor Mosaic had not finished off 4 bottles of it yet. Thankfully, we had 2 bottles left so could make these chicken wings and still have some left over for dipping.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Mango Habanero Wings?
- 24 chicken wings or drummettes with skin (approx 3 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Mango Habanero Salsa (Either store-bought or homemade)
- Peach preserves
- Cilantro for garnish
- Ranch dressing for dipping (optional)
How Do I Make Mango Habanero Salsa?
- If you would like to skip the store-bought Mango Habanero Salsa and make your own, head over to my recipe for fresh homemade Mango Habanero Salsa made with fresh mangos.
How Long Do I Bake Chicken Wings In The Oven?
- Be sure to preheat your oven first to 400 degrees F. You want the oven to already be at the correct temperature before baking your wings.
- Pat your wings dry. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Bake in a preheated 400 F degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Then Brush the Mango Habanero Glaze (See recipe below) on each of the chicken wings and bake for about 10 minutes more.
How Do I Make Mango Habanero Glaze?
This Mango Habanero Glaze for the chicken wings is super simple to make.
- Combine the Mango Habanero Salsa with peach preserves.
- Heat salsa and peach preserves for about 5 minutes.
- Brush the glaze on the cooked chicken wings and follow directions above.
I made one batch for this post, and I have been asked to take these to a friend’s party. I’m not surprised because they taste incredible with the sweet and spicy, sticky goodness. I’m certain that there will be no leftovers for me to bring home.
What To Serve With Mango Habanero Wings?
- Ranch Dressing
- Extra Mango Habanero Sauce
Other Chicken Wings Recipes
- Aloha Barbecue Chicken Wings – Sweet and spicy chicken wings sweetened with pineapple preserves to bring a taste of Hawaii to your grill.
- 20 Unique Game Day Wings Recipes – Not your run-of-the-mill chicken wings. These 20 chicken wing recipes are unique, flavorful, and delicious!
- Sticky Asian Chicken Wings – These wings are hot, spicy, sweet, sticky, savory and salty and are baked and not fried.
Dipping Sauces To Serve With Chicken Wings
- Avocado Bacon Ranch Dipping Sauce – A delicious, flavorful dipping sauce with bacon, avocado, and a homemade ranch seasoning mix that pairs well with chicken wings.
- Sriracha Ranch Dipping Sauce – A simple yet flavorful dipping sauce made with ranch dressing and Sriracha sauce.
Add a little spicy sweetness to your life by making these sweet and spicy Mango Habanero Wings.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Mango Habanero Wings Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the wings with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Place the wings on a foil covered baking sheet and cook in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, stir together the Mango Habanero Salsa and peach preserves until smooth and heated through.
- Brush the Mango Habanero glaze over each of the wings and cook for about 8 – 10 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and place on a serving plate. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with ranch dressing and Mango Habanero Salsa.