Aloha Barbecue Chicken Wings are sweet and spicy chicken wings sweetened with pineapple preserves to bring a taste of Hawaii to your grill.
I have lived in Texas all my life and one of my all-time favorite foods is Texas barbecue. In Central Texas there is a local chain of barbecue restaurants that has an amazing barbecue sauce. It is spicy and sweet but not with brown sugar. I think they add pineapple juice to the sauce. That gave me the idea for the Aloha sauce for these chicken wings!
Not only do I love the sauce but I also love the smoky flavor of grilled foods. Living in Texas we pretty much grill year-round, including in winter. While we may not get blizzards down here, the temperatures can get down in the 30’s in the evenings. However, that has not stopped us from grilling. With the big game this next weekend, we must have wings. It is a requirement in our house for all game day meals. So no matter the temps, we will be grilling.
I discovered that Kraft has a name for those of us who grill year-round…..Evergrillers. Kraft has even created a Grill ‘N’ Flip Mitt to allow you to grill all year round. It is made from fire-resistant material and protects your hands from both the heat of the grill and the cold weather outside. They were designed to inspire all Evergrillers to create a new winter grilling tradition.
Kraft created these over-the-top grilling innovations to celebrate the launch of their newly revamped line of Kraft Barbecue Sauces that feature high-quality ingredients like tomatoes, sweet molasses, cider vinegar and cane sugar, with NO high fructose corn syrup!
The new Kraft Barbecue Sauce is available in eight varieties with smoky, sweet and spicy flavors: Original, Hickory Smoke, Sweet Honey, Mesquite Smoke, Sweet Brown Sugar, Sweet & Spicy, Spicy Honey, and Thick & Spicy.
From Jan 19 to Jan 30, you can enter to win an Evergriller Grill ‘N’ Flip Mitt and a year’s supply of Kraft Barbecue Sauce by visiting GrillinFools.com. The winner will be selected randomly at the close of the giveaway.
With the Kraft Barbecue sauce, you can create these amazing Aloha Barbecue Chicken Wings just by combining the Kraft Barbecue Sauce with pineapple preserves and hot sauce. Get the details in the recipe below.
For more recipe ideas, be sure to visit Kraft Barbecue Sauce Recipes.
What will you be grilling for the big game?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Aloha Barbecue Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 pounds chicken drummettes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple preserves
- Hot sauce to taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Place chicken on the preheated grill. Cook for about 10 minutes. Then turn the chicken over and grill for about another 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce with the pineapple preserves. If desired, stir in hot sauce to taste.
- Brush the chicken wings with the sauce, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the chicken wings over and brush the sauce on the chicken wings and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve with celery sticks and carrots and ranch dressing.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and provided product samples by Kraft Foods, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.