Baked Chicken Tenders with Honey Sriracha are covered in a Honey Sriracha Sauce and a crispy panko breadcrumb coating resulting in sweet and spicy crunchy oven-fried chicken that uses only 5 ingredients and is on the dinner table in 30 minutes.
These Baked Chicken Tenders with Honey Sriracha are truly crowd pleasers. The sweet and spicy flavor from the Sriracha and Honey combined with the crunchy panko bread crumbs give it a delicious flavor and texture.
It is healthier than fried chicken since it is baked in the oven and not fried. That has got to be worth extra points just for that! High Five!!
The other thing I love about this Baked Chicken Tenders with Honey Sriracha is that it uses only 5 ingredients, which is pretty amazing when you consider the amount of flavor bursting out of this chicken.
Typically, I would dip the chicken in flour, then eggs, and then breadcrumbs, but that is not needed with this recipe because the Honey Sriracha sauce is used instead of the flour and eggs because it acts like the glue that allows the panko breadcrumbs to stick to the chicken.
I add minced garlic to the Honey Sriracha sauce because I like the flavor it adds.
I also like the fact that you can very easily adjust the spice level or amount of sweetness by adjusting the amount of Sriracha and amount of honey you use. I like to use equal amounts of each. For us, that gives it the right amount of sweet and spicy.
Once the chicken is dipped in the Honey Sriracha sauce and dipped in the panko bread crumbs, then place them on a rack on a sheet pan and then place the Baked Chicken Tenders with Honey Sriracha in the oven to cook for about 15 or 20 minutes, and you are ready to go.
TIP: Use a baking rack on top of a sheet pan while baking the chicken tenders to keep all sides of the chicken tenders crispy. This avoids the bottom of the chicken tenders from getting soggy.
I like to serve these Baked Chicken Tenders with Honey Sriracha with a small bowl of extra Honey Sriracha sauce for dipping. However, they would be delicious dipped in ranch dressing or other dipping sauces.
What will you serve with these Baked Chicken Tenders with Honey Sriracha?
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my Oven Baked Chicken Breast Recipe!
Love this recipe? Receive FREE recipes in your inbox!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
- 1/3 cup Sriracha
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1 package about 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a baking rack over a sheet pan and spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together the Sriracha, honey, and minced garlic.
- In a flat bottomed bowl (or you could use a zip-topped plastic bag instead) pour the panko bread crumbs. (Be sure to use Panko breadcrumbs because that makes the chicken much more crispy.)
- Dip each chicken tender into the bowl with the honey Sriracha sauce and be sure it is fully coated.
- Then roll each chicken tender into the panko bread crumbs until evenly coated.
- Place each chicken tender on the baking rack. Then place in a preheated oven.
- Bake the chicken tenders for about 15 - 20 minutes.