Welcome to Day #5 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25.
For Day #5 of appetizer week I’m sharing my Sticky Asian Chicken Wings that are sure to be a big hit at your game day party or any get together. Be sure to have lots of napkins on hand. They may be messy but they are oh so worth it! They are hot, spicy, sweet, sticky, savory and salty all in one bite. And what makes them even better…..they are baked and not fried. They would even be great on the grill. The glaze is what makes this dish. Hoisin and soy sauce are combined with garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, and sriracha. I like the sweet and spicy flavor this gives. Hoisin sauce, if you are not familiar with it, is like a Chinese barbecue sauce. Look for it in the international isle of your grocery store or in a local asian market. Be sure to make lots of these because they go fast!
Sticky Asian Chicken Wings #AppetizerWeek @PotsandPans
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce I use low sodium
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sriracha add more or less depending on how hot you want it
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- Chopped green onions optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and sriracha sauce in a large bowl. Toss in chicken wings to cover with sauce.
- Arrange chicken wing pieces on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. If desired, place under broiler for a couple of minutes to get that charred appearance. (Optional) garnish with chopped green onions.
Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more delicious recipe ideas:
- Lasagna Dip by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Spinach Squares by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Ultimate Stuffed ‘Shrooms by Cooking in Stilettos
- Feta Chicken Wontons by Makobi Scribe
- Roasted Red Pepper Guacamole by Clarks Condensed
- Greek Salad Skewers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cajun Bacon Nuts by Life Off the Clock
- Jalapeno Poppers by Organized Island
- Mini Loaded Twice Baked Potato by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Chicken & Cheese Taquitos by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Very Veggie Puff Pastry Pizza Bites by Farm Fresh Feasts
- BBQ Chicken Nachos by Lemons for Lulu
- Apricot Blue Cheese Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Low-Carb Kickin’ Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Sweet Onion Galette by Call Me PMc
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders by The NY Melrose Family
- Sticky Asian Chicken Wings by Flavor Mosaic
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.
Delicious! I have been craving wings I love a good finger licking sticky one. These are great!
Betsy | JavaCupcake.com says
I seriously can’t get over how delicious this chicken looks. I’m PINNING it to make later! Great recipe!
Thank you Betsy!
I love sticky wings! This recipe looks fabulous!
Marion@Life Tastes Good says
This looks amazing!! I love that tier stacking salt dish!
Thanks Marion! Good luck!
Anetta @ The Wanderlust Kitchen says
These look fabulous! I love your site – I think we’re using the same child theme 🙂 Definitely entering that giveaway!
Hi Anetta, I think you are right. It looks like we do have the same child theme. We both have good taste! Good luck!
Wowser! I can even make these without a stove!
Hi Julie, yes, they would be great on the grill.
These look delicious!
Thanks Linda! Yes. They are delicious. They went quickly at our house.
Kristin @ Dizzy Busy and Hungry! says
Hi Michele! I just wanted to let you know that your recipe will be featured this week on #GetHimFed Friday! Thanks for sharing such a great recipe and I hope to see you back at the party this week!
Thank you Kristin! I’m honored you would feature my recipe. i’m looking forward to seeing it. I will be back to post this week.
Thank you Kristin! That is fantastic! I will add the button to my link page. I look forward to sharing more recipes in the future.
Yum! I just made these tonight and this is one of the best recipes I have tried in a while! Thanks for sharing!
Hi Stephanie! I’m so glad you liked them!
Oh, Michele! These chicken wings just look absolutely divine 🙂 I think I’d have to double or triple that recipe because I don’t think we’d able to just have them as an appetizer; they look too tasty!! And I absolutely LOVE the idea of adding in Sriracha! Holy yum!
Hi Anyonita! I’m so glad you like them. They would be excellent as a main dish, but yes you might have to double the recipe. I love Sriracha. I have another recipe using Sriracha that I want to make this week. Thank you for visiting!
Are these whole chicken wings or chicken wing pieces.
Hi Jackie, the photo has whole chicken wings, but it would likely be easier to have chicken wing pieces. The recipe will work with either.