Welcome to Day #5 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25.
For Day #5 of appetizer week I’m sharing my Sticky Asian Chicken Wings that are sure to be a big hit at your game day party or any get together. Be sure to have lots of napkins on hand. They may be messy but they are oh so worth it! They are hot, spicy, sweet, sticky, savory and salty all in one bite. And what makes them even better…..they are baked and not fried. They would even be great on the grill. The glaze is what makes this dish. Hoisin and soy sauce are combined with garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, and sriracha. I like the sweet and spicy flavor this gives. Hoisin sauce, if you are not familiar with it, is like a Chinese barbecue sauce. Look for it in the international isle of your grocery store or in a local asian market. Be sure to make lots of these because they go fast!
Sticky Asian Chicken Wings #AppetizerWeek @PotsandPans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and sriracha sauce in a large bowl. Toss in chicken wings to cover with sauce.
- Arrange chicken wing pieces on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. If desired, place under broiler for a couple of minutes to get that charred appearance. (Optional) garnish with chopped green onions.
Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more delicious recipe ideas:
- Lasagna Dip by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Spinach Squares by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Ultimate Stuffed ‘Shrooms by Cooking in Stilettos
- Feta Chicken Wontons by Makobi Scribe
- Roasted Red Pepper Guacamole by Clarks Condensed
- Greek Salad Skewers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cajun Bacon Nuts by Life Off the Clock
- Jalapeno Poppers by Organized Island
- Mini Loaded Twice Baked Potato by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Chicken & Cheese Taquitos by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Very Veggie Puff Pastry Pizza Bites by Farm Fresh Feasts
- BBQ Chicken Nachos by Lemons for Lulu
- Apricot Blue Cheese Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Low-Carb Kickin’ Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Sweet Onion Galette by Call Me PMc
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders by The NY Melrose Family
- Sticky Asian Chicken Wings by Flavor Mosaic
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.