Banana Nut Cinnamon Muffins make delicious sweet portable breakfast muffins as well as a wonderfully sweet dessert or snack.
Who doesn’t love banana nut muffins? I added a little extra cinnamon to mine to make Banana Nut Cinnamon Muffins. They are little portable muffins of sweet yummy goodness.
Mr Flavor Mosaic wanted to throw away some bananas starting to go bad. I yelled “WAIT!” I can use those. He looked at me like I had lost my mind. I said they will be perfect for banana bread or banana muffins.
I was originally thinking of making banana bread but the muffins bake up much faster, and since they are portable, they are good for a quick breakfast muffin.
For which occasion will you make these delicious Banana Nut Cinnamon Muffins?
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
Banana Nut Cinnamon Muffins
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly spray with baking spray 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
For more muffin recipes, try my Easy Blueberry Muffins.
You may like my Strawberry Muffins.
Or try my Pumpkin Streusel Muffins with melted White Chocolate.
Marion@Life Tastes Good says
I like that you did the muffins! It is so nice to have them portable and small food is just so cute!
Yes. I agree they are cute! 🙂
Well you had me at portable snack…haha no but seriously, I love banana and cinnamon together, such a great flavor combo. Thanks
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads says
What a great way to use ripe bananas! We just love muffins at our house!
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
I love home baked banana and cinnamon muffins. Thanks for reminding me how delicious they are, I definitely need to make myself a batch soon!