These gorgeous Strawberry Muffins are sweet, light, fluffy, moist and delicious……and so easy to make. They are perfect for a Mother’s Day breakfast or brunch or for a sweet treat anytime. Even hubby and the kids could make these.
With Mother’s Day around the corner, maybe you can hint to hubby that you would like these. Print out a copy of the recipe and set it by the coffeemaker.
Or have the kids help you bake these ahead of time, so they are ready for Mother’s Day morning.
But be sure to pick up some big, juicy strawberries first. The grocery store had an abundance of beautiful strawberries, which prompted me to make these muffins and the Lemon Strawberry Pound cake with Chocolate Ganache.
I initially tried a different recipe for the muffins but they turned out too dry. I found this blueberry muffin recipe on AllRecipes.com with over 6,000 excellent reviews and knew this recipe had to be good. However, since I had the bounty of strawberries I made it with chopped strawberries, and added some buttermilk and vanilla and it turned out amazing!
Don’t you just want to grab one of those muffins through the computer screen? But sadly you can’t. That means you will have to make this recipe so you can have some for yourself. Go ahead and give it a try. You will be very happy you did.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
RECOMMENDED COOKING EQUIPMENT
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup fresh strawberries chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray muffin tins with baking spray or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, add the egg and sugar and stir. Add vegetable oil, buttermilk, vanilla and stir.
- Add 1-1/2 cups flour, salt and baking powder and stir until combined.
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with 2 tablespoons of flour to coat. Fold in Strawberries into the batter.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3rds full (I use an ice cream scoop to fill).
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
This post may be included in one of these fantastic link parties.
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.
If you like this recipe, you may also like Strawberry Blueberry Yogurt Parfait.
or you may love these Easy Blueberry Muffins.
For a delicious dessert, try this Strawberry Margarita Pie.
Or you may prefer this Easy Strawberry Mousse.